• Start date
  • Watchers 3

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm guilty of an AOPA sticker. However, the one that annoys me to no end is the bumper sticker that says: I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low.
Even worse than that, though is: My other car is an F-16.

My favorite was a car I saw in college with really, really dark tinted windows. It had personalized plates that said "IM IFR" I always got a chuckle out of that.

(I only hope he wasn't bragging about being instrument rated. Maybe he should've put "IM IMC", but it was funny none the less.)

I just remembered one I saw in a magazine years ago. It was a personalized plate that said "V1 OOPS" Other pilots would surely laugh and no one else would have a clue what it meant.

Hmm... Phil, I am curious to know the origin of this thread ;)

I think the "FLY" L plate is way overrated. It might not even be dorky is so many people did not have them. Ithink though that something a little less obvious would be cute. The V1 OOPS thing was a good idea. I know that no one I know (outside my flying circles) would ever think it had anything to do with flying.

Ali

Oh, boy. The curiosity is killing me now...but then if there's only one cow in the pasture, I'm the one guy who will still step in it...

Just for my own peace of mind, is there anybody else out there who has ever said in an airplane, "What happens if I do this?"

(and then found out?)

avbug said:
Oh, boy. The curiosity is killing me now...but then if there's only one cow in the pasture, I'm the one guy who will still step in it...

avbug, how does one step in a cow? ;)

Just for my own peace of mind, is there anybody else out there who has ever said in an airplane, "What happens if I do this?"

(and then found out?)

I once thought, "do I think it would be possible to taxi while still tied down" Then I did find out. I am sure all of you are sitting on the edge of your seats waiting to find out...For future reference it is not possible to taxi while tied down ;).

ali

I tried to taxi out with the chocks still under there...but too much pride to get out and move em, so we jumped them instead and were airborne on a comm cross country with our chief pilot chasing us to the runway waving his fist....needless to say we stayed at Orlando Exec a little longer than planned so he was gone once we got back.

Maybe I should get a plate that just says "CHOCKS".

alimaui...

Yeah, I tried the same thing. Plane won't go if the tail is still tied down, though I did try pretty good.

Stephanie

It'll go, just give it enough power. But well lets just say, its going to cost you a pretty penny.

Latest resources

Back