Flops Legacies going???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shanes123

Sittin at a FBO today heard that Flops just Dumped Four Legacies. And the new one they were suppose to take delivery of this month has already been Sold to another Company..Anyone else heard this?? Sounds like there Dismantling the Legacy program

From what I've heard, the program is not being dismantled. But since management can't seem to grow any of the programs organically, they're capitalizing on the opportunity to cash in some aircraft positions for a profit.

I've seen 2-3 of the FLOPS Legacies for sale in Controller and other used-aircraft magazines. They look pretty beat up.

Not my fleet, but the ones I've seen (new ones) are actually pretty nice. I think all the original Legacys we had as core airplanes are gone.

Its the new ones that there selling. heard its 3 of the newest Legacies and the one that was suppose to be brought in this month. and the sales people are pushing to unload as many more as they can. Its a pretty reliable source. A aircraft Broker in Colorado is involved in the deal.

I was told that we were pretty much locked into a certain amount of deliveries from Embraer. We can't sell any new shares so we're forced to sell some of what we got and take new deliveries. Doesn't make sense to me, but then again nothing at FLOPs makes any sense.

Heard Flops actually sold them because they sold them for more than they paid for them. Just what I heard. It could be a way to pay for more charter hours.

Wouldn't surprise me if that were true.

Netjets sold a BBJ for a similar reason. As one of our big wigs put it in company recurrent, "We were made an offer for it that we couldn't refuse."

Wouldn't surprise me if that were true.

Netjets sold a BBJ for a similar reason. As one of our big wigs put it in company recurrent, "We were made an offer for it that we couldn't refuse."
That's part of it-the other part is that more than likely, no one was buying shares in them. NetJets could make a killing on selling their 550s, but they don't because they make more on shares sold/operated. The BBJ was/is an albatross in the fractional model.

Latest resources

Back