Flight Sim 2002..HELP!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lifestyle said:
Thank you gentlemen, I really appreciate the help, I just have to learn how MFS2002 works. I can't get my nephew off the thing. I still need to figure out how to get an IFR flight plan going and how to get ATC to vector you on to approaches and how to set up the Navaids. Thanks everybody for all the info, I'm amazed at what that program does.

There is an internal flight planner for your use. And ATC will only vector you to the ILS at any given airport. They are terrible vectors anyway, lol.

BTW, if you do not reset your altimeter or maintain proper altitude your flight plan will be cancelled.

Truly, if you file IFR, expect to be vectored nowhere close to the airport. To file, though, just go to flight planner on the create a flight screen. You check the IFR box and pick your routes. Make sure you hit the accent (`) key at the beginning of your flight to bring up atc. Then request your IFR clearance.

Since we are on the subject, has anyone found any good documentation for the Flight Sim GPS and how to use it? If I can't find any, I'm going to play around with it for a while and write one myself. I just know that it can make things much easier. Oh, and back to the previous reply, you can use real world charts and A/FDs to manually plug in VORs and stuff into the radio stack.

Project Opensky

Just wanted to put in a word for Posky...they have by far the best models i've ever seen. My favorite right now is the US Air A330. The wings flex when you lift off and the main gear bogies tilt just the way the real plane does. Same goes for the 747, 767, and 777. They really know how to make great models.

www.avsim.com/posky

-j

Go with the joystick and don't scrimp. The Microsoft full feel one (can't remember the name) gives you some feedback and also allows you to do coordinated turns without rudders, do most common functions like gear/flaps without the keyboard, and has a good solid feel to it. It's about $100 and well worth it compared to fighting trim and other artificialities in the cheaper ones.

40 bucks...Saitek cyborg 3d gold
functions on stick:
throttle
elevator and ailerons
toggle switch changes views(front, side ,up. left , right and so on)
trim functions(elevator)
change views(panel view, virtual cockpit, tower, spot plane)
brakes
flaps
gear
twist stick for rudder
checklists

and I believe you can customize it for which buttons do what and left hand or right hand.

true, no feed back

Latest resources

Back