Flight Safety jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Talian

Wondering if anyone has been employed with Flight Safety as a Sim/Ground instructor? From what I can tell pay and benefits are very good as well as quality of life. This seems like a good position for someone that prefers to be home at night. Advice or comments from people who have done this would be appreciated.

Fsi

Currently employed with FSI. Good place, but like any aviation job it can be stressful. OK benefits that are nothing to scream about.

What is your background in corporate aviation? They like to hire people with types, and time in type. Also, you need to be able to get up in front of people and speak. You would be surprised how many people just can't hack the public speaking bit.

Good luck,

AWACS

A small amount of corporate aviation exp. Lr24,BE200, MU2. The ad for on FSI website doesnt state time in type just ATP if teaching on an aircraft that requires a type rating and 2000 PIC. Understand that they would look more favorably at people with corporate experience but gonna apply anyway. I have over 2700 as a CFI and 700 teaching at Sabena Airline in sims. How big are the classes you have to teach in front of?

Class size

Classes can be as large as 16. In the CL-300 its been 16 per class for over 3 months.

AWACS

Come to the dark side (having fun) Luke! CAE (brand X or Y as our clients like to refer to FS and CAE) is hiring as well, just an FYI.

Last edited:
I've been to FSI for 5 type ratings and countless recurrents and only met one instructor who was unhappy (and believe me this guy was born pissed off).
I'd give it a shot. It looks like a good job. I just couldn't handle being indoors that much.

FSI pay

Pay will differ from center to center, and which aircraft you will be teaching. In Wilmington, De , I'd say about $75,000 for a corp jet. At other places I'd say $55K to $70K.

Without more info, its a guess.

AWACS

Latest resources

Back