Flight Options vs. Executive Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dear Airludy

I have a feeling you took my reply to your question in a wrong way. I intended to say that right now we have hard times as pilots , with many brothers out in the streets looking for jobs and having a tough time to provide for our families.
That being the case, my advice for you was to accept the first job offered to you, any company. It looks like you already have one w/FLOPT. Why do you ask for advise?Congratulations from the bottom of my heart, because you are one lucky guy. There are many pilots (with more experience, IF YOU DON'T MIND) who would be very happy to get that job. IF YOU ARE TELLING US THE TRUTH take it with no hesitation.
I don't know the FLOPT's requirements but EJA wants a min total of 2500hrs (including 500hrs multi turbo). It looks to me that you are just a little off, not much, only by 1500hrs. Piece of cake, I understand it. If you believe that by the time your application with EJA will be processed, you will be able to accumulate the needed 1500 hours, go for EJA also and that way you will see all the differences for yourself.
Good luck my flying brother and PEACE among us because I was like you and we all need each other.

Airludy, let me throw a couple more cents your way. You need to chill, you will pop a vein in this business at an early age with such thin skin. Part of working effectively at the tail end of a long day with a new captain will be to learn diplomacy and the ability to effectively communicate even if you think you are being judged unfairly. You might even get questions like this in an interview someday, guarunteed or not.

Hey Guys, I'm sorry about my tone.. I'm just frustrated like everyone else on here. Sorry Flyingdog, thanks for the cool reply. I'm trying to figure out where I am going to concentrate my efforts. I know darn well that I can't be too picky. Even if I have a interview at Flight Options doesnt mean I have a job.

Its seems that EJA is an awsome place to work, even better if they get the contract they want.(pay seems seems to be the biggest downside with EJA) But FlightOptions looks like they may be a real contender, I would feel good about working for either one of them. I hope everything works out with the Raytheon merger...when all is said and done, it would benifit aviation as a whole. My best to everyone involved. Hope to be a part of the ranks one day, but until the dust clears I guess Im stuck with my 7 on 7 on schedule......guess I cant complain in times like these, though.

my 1 cent

Latest resources

Back