Flight Options vs. Executive Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airludy

I am trying to decide which place is better to work for... I see Flight Options pays much more the EJ. But I know its not all about the money. Can I have some input please.

It seems like almost everyone I speak with leans towards Executive Jet. I think Flight Options still needs time to grow, especially with the merger they are going through right now. I spoke to several pilots who are optimistic, but cautious about whether or not Flight Options will be profitable or be able to compete against Executive Jet in the years to come.

Almost every Executive Jet Pilot I spoke to seemed to think this it was a "good/solid company to work for." I can't seem to get the dame degree of confidence from the Flight Options pilots.

*Does anyone out there know the financial condition/strength of Flight Options? I know that Executive Jet is owned by Berkshire Hathaway. Who "owns" or finances Flight Options?

Good Luck!

Both of our last newhires were plucked up from Flight Options.

Both were Captains, one on a Falcon 50, the other on the Hawker. While they are still guarded about most questions concerning the down side to FO’s, they have said that in their opinion EJA is better overall from a career standpoint, pay, equipment options etc…

They joined us to be closer to home and spend most night in the same bed as often as possible. While our schedule is 4 on 3 off, 3 on 4 off and every 4 weeks you either work 7 days or have 7 off. FO worked 7 on 7 off and you were gone for the entire 7.

Most of our trips are company related and have you home within 14 hrs of your departure and our charters are recur customers who more often than not visit some genuinely first-rate places, one where you really don’t mind being trapped at… :D

TP>>>

EJA vs FLOPT

Airludy, my 2 cents opinion is that you should go for both or any other company and the first one to hire you....go for it. You can not be picky in a time like this, plus consider yourself lucky if you get called. Also I see that you have about 1000 hrs. With that number is hard to believe you will get a call from any of them.
Good luck to you.
Toilet propose your flying bat is very cooool.

Well smart ass thanks for you 2 cents! I think I realize my hour situation! Whats wrong with reseaching a company before you send a resume??? Send a resume to the places you would like to work first! Maybe you have never heard of that. And just to let you know I have a connection at Flight Options that will pretty much guarentee me an interview. But thanks for you 2 cents.

Airludy

You make me say this: You are an arrogant, little punk! Don't insult the very people who gave you advice you have solicited.
You may want to check your spelling and grammar too. By the time you finish, you may recognize what an idiotic post you wrote.

Good luck with your "guarenteed" interview.

Let me know how your "GUARANTEED" interview goes as well

I know several Captains at Flight Options who have personally walked in my resume to EG and I have been Fedexing resume updates for months and no calls. They have over 5,000 resumes for zero flying positions right now

I will let you know how my interview goes. I'm not going to waste my time explaining what position I am in or how I have an interview waiting for me. Also read the first post I had. I am looking for help with my flying career and reseaching companies. I dont need some wise guy informing me about my hours or telling me I should be lucky to just get a job. Taking just "any job" that I get offered probably isnt the best idea. Maybe thats what "flying dogs" problem is...

Even though you may find flyingdog’s “tone” a bit unpalatable I think he was just trying to point out an obvious and not make fun of your experience. No one here I believe, would do that, as we all have been there.

But having said that one must still speculate.

12 months ago COEX was begging for First Officers, their minimums were down to something around 800 total and 75 multi. They were recruiting CFI’s right out from under FIT, Purdue and ERAU as fast as they could dial the phone.

But since then, the world has changed, many high-timers are either out of a job or on furlough with families to feed and the pilot applicant pool just got deeper.

EJA and others at present have the pick-of-the-litter so to speak and any hiring in the immediate future will reflect that.

But if you do find your way in, we wish you the best.
:)

Latest resources

Back