Flight Options and Cobra insrance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerfun

Flight Options has 15-20 pilots out on Medical leave. This month they decided to put these pilots on Cobra insrance. If they where paying the full family plan there fee is not $724 dollars a month. and Cobra is good for 18 months.

These pilots are on medical leave. They can not get a new flying job let alone a another job. some are fighting for their life. and in 18 months they will not have any insrance at all.

What does NetJet do? do they throw their pilots out to the wolf?

What does NetJet do? do they throw their pilots out to the wolf?

At Netjets, we have combinations of short and long-term disability. Basically, it amounts to 60% of salary or $5000/month (whichever is less) for 2 years. Plus, you still maintain status quo with all your existing medical insurances and have access to Virtual Flight Surgeons for free to help you get your medical back, if it's possible. After all that, if you still can't get your medical back, Netjets has a pretty good history of putting guys to work in some kind of office duty in CMH.

That's what it is like being part of the Flight Options "family"
When you are down you get a kick in the head.:(

The sad part about it is that our CEO portrays himself as caring Christian when in fact he is just a hipocrite.:( It makes me sick to think back at a recent company event where during the dinner prayer he asked to for a blessing of those Flight Options "family" members who are ill.

He makes me want to :puke:

Check out ehealthinsurance.com for short term and/or long term coverage. I had a family plan for under 200/month...compared to over $800/month that COBRA wanted. There are other alternatives to COBRA!

Latest resources

Back