Flight Options Accident?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Me too

We were also flying in the area that day. Had an pretty interesting approach and landing to say the least. Almost had to go around but made it in uneventfully. I was working the controls so intensely that, by the time we landed, I felt like I had wrestled a bear.

In the FBO, I talked with a few other crews and commented that, at the very least, there would be a blown tire or two that day. I don't think anyone realized how violent the winds were. I've landed in gusty conditions before but this was volatile.

Bad day for Falcons...

Driver/ CL60-

Thanks for the info...I'm glad things worked out OK for you two.

Chicken or the egg?

"Do we have the best safety record because we have the best pilots? Or is it the other way around? --- Kenn Ricci

Hmm.....

There might be so much frustration on this site because some pilots may have some insight into options. Options is an old airplane with (in some cases) jet pilots wet behind the ears going into some challenging situations. Surely, problems will arise. To top it all off, you got Ken "salesman Ricci" selling this product to poeple who know nothing about aviation. They do know about having lots of money. After 5 years of paying out the nose for this product maybe just maybe they will get smart and buy their own airplane and take some of that money their saving and pay the pilots what they are worth.

Re: Flight Options accident

Safetycheck said:
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20020513X00667&key=1

We could all learn something from reading this.

The captain only had three thousand hours!

Do you have any idea how many 3,000 hour captains there are out there? Please let me know when I have "enough." My guess is that if this captain had had an additional 5,000 hours of successful flight time, this accident would have been MORE likely to happen, not less.

Latest resources

Back