• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight emt complaints

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've watched a ton of medical shows, was pre-med in college, and both parents are docotor and nurse respectively, yet I don't think that qualifies me to judge the actions of medical professionals who practice their trade everyday.

No that doesn't qualify you to judge a medical professional's trade, but if, say, Dentist #1 and #2 and #3 can inject novacaine into your mouth painlessly, and Dentist #4 puts you nearly into shock with his/her technique, then you darned well do have a right to complain. Under your theory, you'd never have a right to judge any professional for their service to you.

TundraT, your comments are the way things really are, at least when I was involved. Our team would meet once a week to discuss all previous flights, they may not be pilots but as you pointed out, in many cases they are your customer, I had a lot of respect for the crews and helped them out as much as possible, when there is a good relationship between the crews it's a very rewarding job, only real problem I had was the local police that was always hassling me for speeding to the airport! :rolleyes:

The EMS outfit I flew for (twin-piston Cessnas) was huge on hating pilots NOT flying with their feet being on the floor, but actively using rudder pedals to lessen yaw during turbulence. The last thing they wanted was the tail wagging around everytime the plane hit bumpy mountainous/summertime air with med crews and patients on board.

And I would have to say that I am a better pilot for it. Anyone not using rudders would get a carpet dance or two, or eventually let go.

No that doesn't qualify you to judge a medical professional's trade, but if, say, Dentist #1 and #2 and #3 can inject novacaine into your mouth painlessly, and Dentist #4 puts you nearly into shock with his/her technique, then you darned well do have a right to complain. Under your theory, you'd never have a right to judge any professional for their service to you.

Actually in your example, yes I'd expect someone to complain. Glaring mistakes and lack of flight disciplin... rolling, buzzing, ect. need to be reported. What I'm talking about are fine points of airmanship. Like dentist #4 having to shine the light directly in your eyes so he can better see something the others may have missed.

Nolife, let me reiterate that these people are professionals, themselves...and they're frequent flyers. If you think you can pull this "professionalism" snow job over on them, you're kidding yourself. They know the difference between skilled pilots and airplane drivers.

Your standard ought to be having overwhelming acceptance from them. When they're all happy to hear that YOU are the one flying their next flight, then you are a good pilot. Excuses and arguments don't cut it.

Sorry Ed... you're right. I thought flying every day and trying to be as professional as we could would allow us to be the better judges of what's going on up front however now I see your point. Some non-pilot who flies 2-3 times a week in the back of an airplane is much better qualified to know when the pilot is incompetent. :rolleyes:

Now... I wonder if my Rapid Rewards card on SWA can qualify me as a check airman? By your logic, I'm a professional, a pilot, and a frequent flier.

No need to respond, the above question was rhetorical and sarcastic.

Last edited:
Nolife...I went back and reread your original post, if these nurses have been at this game for 5 years as you said, then they do know a thing or two. I'm sure they have flown with quite a few pilots by now and they know the difference between SMOOTH and SLOPPY flying. I have to agree with everything Ed has tried to explain. I think your D.O. understands that when you have a patient flat on their back sick and dying, smoothness counts. It sounds like you and your friend don't understand that yet.

Now... I wonder if my Rapid Rewards card on SWA can qualify me as a check airman? By your logic, I'm a professional, a pilot, and a frequent flier.

Agreed...the guys must be experts. Read the above again and consider your logic.

BTW... pilot in question has flown many years as well and that was the only complaint. My belief is that it was a personal conflict followed by medic ego.

I'll put this to rest now and say,"Y'all are right, I am wrong." Thanks for the responses.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back