• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Dept. CLOSED/CLOSING/SHRINKING?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think the use of corporate aircraft always qualifies as "greed and wasteful spending". You're on the wrong forum if you want to spew that nonsense.
From a personal standpoint I agree with you. But, if you think the average American views a corporate aircraft as a business tool then you're on the wrong planet. To a guy who's lost his job, his house and everything else he's worked hard for, he sees nothing wrong with CEO's flying American, Delta or United. That is the current reality we live in. May as well get used to it.

Lehman Brothers 2-G4's, 1-F50, 1-S76
Merrill Lynch 1-GEX, 1 G4

Pepsi selling 1-F50

Lehman (or whoever is administering that debacle) is also still trying to sell the G-550 that was to deliver a few weeks after the company went down the sewer.

As far as I know, Pepsi's Falcon 50's were replaced by G-4's - to aid their Indian born Chairwoman ease the regular trips to/from India.

From a personal standpoint I agree with you. But, if you think the average American views a corporate aircraft as a business tool then you're on the wrong planet. To a guy who's lost his job, his house and everything else he's worked hard for, he sees nothing wrong with CEO's flying American, Delta or United. That is the current reality we live in. May as well get used to it.
Agreed, perception is everything.

Lehman (or whoever is administering that debacle) is also still trying to sell the G-550 that was to deliver a few weeks after the company went down the sewer.

As far as I know, Pepsi's Falcon 50's were replaced by G-4's - to aid their Indian born Chairwoman ease the regular trips to/from India.
Pepsi had a Challenger 601, they just took delivery on a Global Express.

My company just informed me today that they are buying another G-550, chief pilot said that they got a price on it that was unbelievable, owner could not pass it up. I wonder who owned it?

My company just informed me today that they are buying another G-550, chief pilot said that they got a price on it that was unbelievable, owner could not pass it up. I wonder who owned it?
Not to sound harsh but if you're going to brag about your good fortune while others are suffering, maybe you should follow it up with where you work so someone here can get re-employed.

I'd like to think SIU was just using his personal experience to illustrate the market has two sides to the coin. These aircraft are not evaporating, someone will buy them on the cheap and hire pilots.
When they start mothballing them in the desert like the airliners tend to do, then we will be screwed.

Best wishes to everyone being displaced, I have been there numerous times and things always seem to work out. Having some good understanding friends and family in times like this is a blessing.

Not to sound harsh but if you're going to brag about your good fortune while others are suffering, maybe you should follow it up with where you work so someone here can get re-employed.

Nope... not worth the effort.

Last edited:
I'd like to think SIU was just using his personal experience to illustrate the market has two sides to the coin. These aircraft are not evaporating, someone will buy them on the cheap and hire pilots.
When they start mothballing them in the desert like the airliners tend to do, then we will be screwed.

Best wishes to everyone being displaced, I have been there numerous times and things always seem to work out. Having some good understanding friends and family in times like this is a blessing.

I agree. I think SIU makes a good point. I got the furlough notice on Jan 9 after my company sold one of our aircraft. I got a new gig a week later with a company that is taking advantage of the low prices and growing. There are and will continue be opportunities out there for strong companies to grow.

Pepsi had a Challenger 601, they just took delivery on a Global Express.

Are we talking the same company? Pepsi Americas out of MSP got the Global - is that the same as Pepsi?

Bragging? How did that come at all across as bragging? I was trying to let you guys know that there is hope out there, while the big companies that are going under and flight departments that are closing make big headlines, I thought it would be nice to share with you guys that there is hope out there, the airplanes are not being sent out to the woodpile, people are buying them, they will be flown again, the fact that we are getting another one means that we will be hiring pilots, and I am sure that some of those that we will be hiring will come from departments that have closed down.
As far as posting where I work on a public forum I will simply not do that, however some have sent me PM's and I have politely answered them, and hopefully pointed them in the right direction.
Sorry if I came across as bragging, as that was not my intention.

Latest resources

Back