Flight Departments

BradG

Poor Flight Instructor
Total Time
Does anyone know if Microsoft, Dell, Intel, or Gateway 2000 have flight departments? Also, anyone know what movie and rock stars have airplanes and what kinds? The John Travolta thread got me curious.

Thanks,

Brad

sydeseet

Huge Member
Total Time
Dell uses Flexjet for everything. Michael Dell is dead set against pure ownership even though they could afford and use their own fleet econimically. Bill Gates flies around in his own Challenger and Paul Allen has his own 757. Name any major rock star or movie star and they have a plane or two. The list is long and distinguished.

banned username 2

Banned User
Gateway used to have at least one Falcon 2000... I think at some point they used to own an Astra... Not sure if they have anything any longer....

bigr

Total Time
Intel uses one of the fractionals from san jose to oregon.

as for movie actors i was doing some research on the Gulfstream V and a James Eugene Careys name popped up in an ownership list. I don't know if it is the actor.

ksus

SIUC-DAWG
Total Time
3500+
The actor Jim Carey does own a G-V, Interior work for
his V was done at Midcoast at CPS.

sstearns2

Total Time

A lot of the 'stars' who own biz jets have them on lease back and are making money with the airplanes. I pretty sure Jim Carey's Gulfstream is part 135 in Van Nuys.

Scott