Flight Department Down Sized

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TundraT

United States Steel in Pittsburgh, PA just let six pilots and eleven mechanic go today. They are getting rid of two Hawker 900xp's and keeping a Falcon 900Ex Easy.

Anyone knowing of any pilot positions open for a current HS125 or DAEasy or G-IV, G-V, G450, G550 please let me know.

Holy $hit. Aviation in PIT can't catch a freakin break. I was down the street at Bayer when we closed on 12/31 (amidst record profits just to get the planes off the books - you're welcome more expensive and less flexible NetJets). You guys, us, Heinz...jeez. Keep your head up. With your quals I don't think you'll be looking long. It just probably won't be in PIT. I got out of town, and I think a good chunk of the Heinz guys were expecting to also.

Are they going to one plane?

Last edited:
United States Steel in Pittsburgh, PA just let six pilots and eleven mechanic go today. They are getting rid of two Hawker 900xp's and keeping a Falcon 900Ex Easy.

Anyone knowing of any pilot positions open for a current HS125 or DAEasy or G-IV, G-V, G450, G550 please let me know.

Wow...11 mechanics for two planes?

I know its not PA, but China is in dyer need of pilots with those qualifications. Anyway, I hope it works out for you all who have lost your jobs.

Cheers

Shoot me a PM later today, might be able to steer you towards a couple opportunities. Good luck, with your background it looks like you will land on your feet-

Jeez that really stinks, sorry for your troubles. Look for jobs in Houston, there are plenty of GV/550 operators and a few Hawker. Mostly Part 91 oil type companies, but some charter out of Hobby and Ellington. Good luck.

Were they not supposed to be getting Challenger 300's to replace the 900XP's? If they are the two matching one's with blue belly's, We tried to buy the 2012. Wanted a price that was far from realistic.

Latest resources

Back