• APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 9.1 is now available on the Apple App Store. Click here for details of what's new in this release. Major new features include Default Rest Facility, ATC Flight Planned Routes and Notifications of route changes, EDCT Status Board Widget, and more...

Flight Department Down Sized

TundraT

Total Time
United States Steel in Pittsburgh, PA just let six pilots and eleven mechanic go today. They are getting rid of two Hawker 900xp's and keeping a Falcon 900Ex Easy.

Anyone knowing of any pilot positions open for a current HS125 or DAEasy or G-IV, G-V, G450, G550 please let me know.

Brett Hull

Pastafarian
Total Time
Holy $hit. Aviation in PIT can't catch a freakin break. I was down the street at Bayer when we closed on 12/31 (amidst record profits just to get the planes off the books - you're welcome more expensive and less flexible NetJets). You guys, us, Heinz...jeez. Keep your head up. With your quals I don't think you'll be looking long. It just probably won't be in PIT. I got out of town, and I think a good chunk of the Heinz guys were expecting to also.

Are they going to one plane?

Last edited:

ultrarunner

Total Time
United States Steel in Pittsburgh, PA just let six pilots and eleven mechanic go today. They are getting rid of two Hawker 900xp's and keeping a Falcon 900Ex Easy.

Anyone knowing of any pilot positions open for a current HS125 or DAEasy or G-IV, G-V, G450, G550 please let me know.
Wow...11 mechanics for two planes?

Adios

I know its not PA, but China is in dyer need of pilots with those qualifications. Anyway, I hope it works out for you all who have lost your jobs.

Cheers

TundraT

Total Time
Wow...11 mechanics for two planes?
Actually we had three aircraft. Not sure how many mech's remain. There were also avionic techs included, along with admin staff that were sent packing.

CorpCaptain

Total Time
<5000
Shoot me a PM later today, might be able to steer you towards a couple opportunities. Good luck, with your background it looks like you will land on your feet-

Jetdriver69

High Speed, Low Drag
Total Time
10000+
Jeez that really stinks, sorry for your troubles. Look for jobs in Houston, there are plenty of GV/550 operators and a few Hawker. Mostly Part 91 oil type companies, but some charter out of Hobby and Ellington. Good luck.

razorbacks

Total Time
upcoming opportunity for a mechanic in south arkansas. have them keep an eye on the Murphy USA website.

400A

Total Time

Were they not supposed to be getting Challenger 300's to replace the 900XP's? If they are the two matching one's with blue belly's, We tried to buy the 2012. Wanted a price that was far from realistic.