• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah...... the posts are pretty much right on......... managment is the problem or I should say, the lack of it. Flex has had 5 directors of Ops in 8 years. The latest one has just been moved out, and the assistant director is now in the hot seat. The fleet chief pilots are VERY lacking in experiance.
American was running the flight side of it to start with and even they couldnt do it right. EJA is the place to be if your going for the fracs.

former 5 year member of flex

I would have to agree with what most of the pilots have said on here. Yes, they are probably a little disgruntled, but my husband still works for Flex, is a captain, and in general likes his job. But I wouldn't recommend this place to any friends. The main reason, other than lack of gateways, and heavy work schedule, is the company's lack of committment to their employees. They really exhibit an indifference to their pilots and I don't see any changes in the future

The ugrades are taking 2-3 years. I know a couple of months ago a pilot was a 3 year FO, so it is closer to 3 years.

The company did use 9/11 to weed out people. I understand some of them were not good employees, but the company is sooo anti union that I don't doubt they got rid of some of the union proponents. As the previous post stated, Texas is a right to work state and they can basically hire and fire at will, and Flexjet has excersised their right.

I want to be clear that we are not disgruntled Flex employees. They have been good to our family, however, I would closely evaluate what your personal goals are for your career before you consider this company. EJA seems to have a brighter and friendlier future now. We have a good friend that flies for them and he likes it.

If you would like more "private" info you can PM me.

Pilots wife is honest, and obviously sincere. Her attitude reflects that of the pilots. It could be a fantastic place to work. The people make it a good place to work now. Flex will not be a great place to work until Montreal figures out exactly what they want to do with Flex.
When I hired in we were told Flex was trying for 2000 pilots by 2004. We have since gone from almost 500 to just below 400.
She is correct about the pay and the bonus. Her attitude about the F.O's is appreciated by myself and the other F.O.'s that are loyally serving and hoping that something will happen in the near future to turn the "plight of the F.O.'s around".
Here are some other benifits of the company;
We have a 1 for 1 match on our 401 K for up to 3% of our pay (unfortunately, when you have a house payment and a family to feed, you may not be able to take advantage of this "perk")
We have a stock purchase plan on Bombardier stock, a 20% discount on company stock (unfortunately, when you have a house payment aaand a family to feed, you may not be able to take advantage of this "perk")
We get a discount on membership at Bally's gym, and on Skidoo's, and Seadoo's since they are built by Bombardier ( unfortunately, when you have a ...... you know where I'm going with this don't you?)
We recieve Tuition assistance for college classes if it's job related (see the above ittalics, and add the fact that it's tough to go to class when your on the road 7 days at a time.
We get a cell phone that's paid for by the company, we pocket the airline miles that we get when we airline to the aircraft. We get the hotel points we get from our credit cards while on the road, and we get catering depending how long the day is.
We do have a serious morale problem, mainly because there is no way to tell in which direction the company is going. This is very disturbing.
We are being worked harder every day, and it is getting worse due to the new bid system.
The pilots are a great bunch of people, the equipment is fantastic, the job was fun, that seems like a distant memory now. We are generally wondering what management will do to us next.
The shame of it is is that most of us really liked it here, and wanted it to be a permanent job I'm trying to keep a positive attitude, but it is reall getting hard. I guess time will tell

Hey thanks,

By the was "Butts", I here what you are saying about the beni's, but remember this about the 401, no matter how much you can contribute, free money is free money.

Make it a point to contribute, even if it is a small amount, sooner is better than later.

Thanks for the info.

Should one leave a regoinal for Flex, that is the question for me.

LR25

Free money is great, no doubt! It's like finding a dead man in a cave with a gold coin in his hand. Oh boy the people at the"Pub" willbe impressed"! Then, there is an cave in. Try living under the coin or eating it, First we eat, then we find shelter!
Leave a regoinal? I don't know, yeah, I think so! This ia a cool job, even though personally I think we are F*%&* up, I think, no, I know we will get better in time.
But the other companies seem to be flourishing. That's what is so disturbing to me, this industry is exploding, and we seem to be floundering! I have decided that with me at the helm, the company would turn around! That's assuming the "big dogs" would back me up, which seems to be the quandry. It's like whipping a Lion with a cotton swab, it don't work, it won't work, it can't work, and you need to terminate the person doing it before they hurt themselves.

Latest resources

Back