• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agreed. but KR does not have the gold and he does not make the rules, that is where the investors come in, if they don't like what he is doing he will be heading down the road and word is that some of the big investors are not to happy with him.

KR can not afford the Flex or the FO crews unhappy as that will kill the business.The business is to make money for the investors and if he fails he is gone. I don't fear KR he has a boss just like we do.

100% correct...we all have bosses and others to consider.

Separate Entities?

The companies are in separate entities owned by the investors with Directional as the manager.

Regarding Jet Solutions, the FAA has bought it for years...don't agree with it and don't understand how the Dallas FSDO let it continue, but that's the way it has been.

Holes in the regulations, and even the labor contract, big enough to drive a Peterbilt thru.

How would a person conclude they "are IN separate entities"?

Are they not both under the umbrella of Epic Aero Holdings? Is Epic not the umbrella over One Sky? Is One Sky not the umbrella over Flexjet, LLC and Flight Options, LLC?

Well?

The information available did not indicate your "manager" was even at the table during merger discussions. But, One Sky was.

That "Peterbilt" must be the size of an ameba.

Place your Bets!

I agree that there is no "gray" area.

The point is if KR is as bad as noted here than he could choose to discard the CBA and do what he wants to. His actions will be challenged in court by the IBT and the IBT WILL win but at what price? KR will decide if he wants to pay the price? It could be a ploy to tie up contract negotiations? Who knows what he will do.

Our last contract took 6 years to negotiate and we started 1 year before it was due. The company would violate the contract and then it would be grieved and as all of you know very grievance must be resolved before a new contract. I guess my point is watch for him to drag and drag his feet and to slow negotiations down for as long as he can.

2018 is my bet on a new contact for you guys $100 any takers? According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics the time line for negotiations vary from 16.5 to 72.1 months (Airlines).

Note sure who "our" is?

Place your bets!

Flight Options Pilots CBA:

"If Pilots of the acquired carrier are hired by the Company, the Agreement shall be modified in those respects necessary to permit the integration through negotiations between the surviving air carrier and the representative of the consolidated, post-merger Pilot craft or class. If a modified agreement is not executed within nine months from the date a final and binding integrated Pilot Seniority List is issued, the parties shall submit outstanding issues to binding interest arbitration."

How would a person conclude they "are IN separate entities"?

Are they not both under the umbrella of Epic Aero Holdings? Is Epic not the umbrella over One Sky? Is One Sky not the umbrella over Flexjet, LLC and Flight Options, LLC?

Well?

The information available did not indicate your "manager" was even at the table during merger discussions. But, One Sky was.

That "Peterbilt" must be the size of an ameba.

Think what you will..perhaps you know more about the matter.

Think what you will..perhaps you know more about the matter.

Perhaps? I think it's cristal clear he does. He's obviously a well informed union member, which makes him part of one of the most powerful forces in the world :)

But you knew that. Didn't you?

What do you think about the CL300 in Flight Options [/QUOTE]

Doesn't really look like Flight Options colors to me, looks more like XOJet colors. Just the angle I guess..

We've been told that the flying will be done by current flexjet pilots..........

It says on the FO site that the flying will be done by Jet Solutions LLC.

I'd guess that current Options owners will be given an easy release from their contract at FOs if they sign up for a different program through Jet Solutions.

I'm also guessing that's what some of this "fence agreement" discussion is about.

Last edited:
Obvious? Here's Obvious.

Perhaps? I think it's cristal clear he does. He's obviously a well informed union member, which makes him part of one of the most powerful forces in the world :)

But you knew that. Didn't you?

Isn't it amazing how quickly individuals want to classify others, not really knowing where one stands on an issue.

Every pilot in each of these group is entitled to choose. As it should be.

Be reminded though.
The parties that started Corporate Wings started Flight Options.
The parties that started Flight Options started DAC.
The parties that started DAC were party to the Raytheon Travel Air acquisition which, in turn, was merged with Flight Options.
Those same parties sold Flight Options only later to partner with HIG to, well, acquire Flight Options.
Those same parties later bought out HIG. Just to go full circle.

During that debacle, the pilots grew to nearly 1000 strong. Yes, 1000 pilots and over 200 aircraft. The great majority of those pilot voted for representation AFTER living under the reign of those parties through prosperous and rough economic times. Nearly 500 of those SAME pilots remain.

Their must be reason those pilots made the choice for representation.

So, now those same parties have acquired Flexjet, LLC. They will run it. They will determine the work rules and conditions of employment for that pilot group. And each one of those pilots will decide whether they want representation.

Perhaps the hardest realization, the most difficult thing to come to terms with for each of those pilots, is that the parties that owned them are gone. No more. New executives are driving that ship. Like it or not.

Now, don't be fooled. The ship is run from the top down.

Could a such a large group of individuals, in the same profession, under the rules and policies of that leadership for so many years, simply be wrong about voting for representation?

So each pilot should ask themselves, if so many pilots voted for representation at Flight Options under the leadership of these parties, the same parties that now have control of my employment, should I not seriously consider whether there are really any downsides of having representation?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back