• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You may find more open minded pilots at FJ than you are led to believe. The anti union rants on Yammer are posted by a minority of the pilots. The good ol boys are wearing out their "like" buttons trying to get on the country club A list. But otherwise, the silence is deafening.

Don't confuse anti-union with anti-IBT. It may look the same on Yammer but it's not the same thing.

You may find more open minded pilots at FJ than you are led to believe. The anti union rants on Yammer are posted by a minority of the pilots. The good ol boys are wearing out their "like" buttons trying to get on the country club A list. But otherwise, the silence is deafening.

I'm not much of a "liker" on Yammer but I assure you there's no country club list that people are itching to join.

Yammer is nothing but a place where the dialog is controlled by management, and they know exactly who everyone is. The brown-nosers can post there to get on Santa's "nice list" and anyone foolish enough to dissent or question the companies actions and motives will move immediately to the "naughty list". This isn't directed any anyone in particular, but if your beliefs can't stand up to the challenge of a little questioning or alternate points of view, then you are a simple or narrow minded, so really, what's the point? What the Flex pilots really need is an anonymous forum of your own, away from the influence of all the characters on "Flight Info" or the oversight of your management. That way you can safely discuss the changing work environment and other issues that you are facing along with the merits or faults of trusting management vs. union representation, without all the outside chatter. The topics require some hard questioning, serious discussion and careful consideration, before everyone makes up their minds. You ALL have a lot at stake.

993 you are right. Santa' List may be a better way to put it. I think the country club days are behind us. The DO is not so easily played, and I do not think that elitist group will get back in. Yammer is not going to give anyone a real good look at what everyone is thinking and feeling. Pilots can easily declare their down vote of a union, but nobody dares to talk it up.

When are we going to hear about the new Global Express operation? Any more details on that rollout, who's gonna fly them, etc.? Or is that just another negotiating carrot????

Also just read in AIN that the Lear 85 might be delayed until 2016 due to issues with the composites. Bummer.......... :( Looking forward to seeing that thing in action.

Agreed. It's quite the opposite coming from DAC leadership. They have their sites set on those 300's and with no intention of retaining the pilot group. I'm just the messenger relaying what I've heard.

Latest resources

Back