• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder if Kenn will tell you the same things tomorrow that he told us yesterday, or if the ever moving cheese has moved in the day between. Good luck anyway, I hope things work out well for all of us.

Furloughed pilots don't get to vote. They are not active members. We at Flex outnumber the Flight Options group that gets to vote.

Don't let the few union leaders on here scare you. The Flight Options pilot group us very divided. If KR offers something close to our pay to get rid of 1108 I think the union would be very suprised how many if their members jump ship.

Finally there is someone on this site that gets it. You are spot on.

As I have said before, voting in a union is like choosing to have a scorching case of herpes. Once you have it, you cant get rid of it. I know you Flex guys are nervous, but do you really want to make a choice that you are stuck with until retirement? Give the man a chance, he wasnt the one that caused the horrible conditions we faced years ago.

Furloughed pilots don't get to vote. They are not active members. We at Flex outnumber the Flight Options group that gets to vote.

Don't let the few union leaders on here scare you. The Flight Options pilot group us very divided. If KR offers something close to our pay to get rid of 1108 I think the union would be very suprised how many if their members jump ship.

You are wrong. They get to vote. Look it up.

You are wrong. They get to vote. Look it up.

Really can't as we don't have a copy of you're contract.

Instead of just telling him that he is wrong, you could prove it to him by posting that section of your CBA.

When I hear Rupert pleading to "give the man a chance", my first reply is: we already have. That's the point ladies and gentlemen: We already have.

We also gave Nahill & Scheeringa chances & were sorely disappointed. That's my second point: We've given every leader a chance. We've been there & done that. Thank you, but no, I'll work with the company under the terms of a written contract. It's just business. (BTW: each of the ceo's have had contracts: why shouldn't we?)

We learned the hard way that policies and work rules can be changed with the proverbial stroke of a pen. Ask any Options pilot: a contract does not guarantee or protect you against everything.

But the things it does protect against our incredibly valuable.

Here's something I'll re-post prior to the vote, and no, I have no inside info on exactly when that'll be. I only know this will take several months to play out.

We learned several painful lessons giving our leaders "a chance". We also learned several hard lessons during the Travel Air "merger". One of those lessons is that both work groups are gonna need each other. Period. There is a great deal of potential for all us & our employers in terms of work rules, quality of life, and yes pay. We'll achieve none of that by remaining divided.

Can I point to a single part of the contract that I dislike? Just one? I can give you two or three parts I believe needing serious adjusting. So what? Overall, it's an excellent document & I'm proud of it.

Our contract is not perfect, but it's built to be improved.

I can also pick apart a couple things I like & dislike about the company & the individuals I fly with. And they can certainly do the same about me. That's not a reason to disqualify the union. It's an excuse not to participate and a tactic to bust the union.

Uncle learned some lessons, as well. But most importantly, we did learn those lessons and we remember them well. However crudely we may convey our message now, it's only because of the intensity of the lessons we learned.

Last edited:
Don't let the few union leaders on here scare you. The Flight Options pilot group us very divided. If KR offers something close to our pay to get rid of 1108 I think the union would be very suprised how many if their members jump ship.[/QUOTE]

Yep your absolutely right. Something to get rid of the Union. And then what. You really think your going to just keep that pay. Without a contract you have nothing but a temporary raise that will slowly be taken away with time. And absolutely "zero" work rules. Ask the Options guys how many times before the CBA did you wake up in the morning and a new email explaining a new policy that just took away a bennie. And you might as well as get used to the 20 hour duty day because that was probably one of the best changes we got with the contract. If the contract is so bad then why does he want to get rid of the Union so badly. Cause he knows he will be negotiating in better times for the pilots and if the Flex guys are now part of it then theres the fact of there pay. He doesn't want to have to be bound to pay higher salaries and benefits. So if he can get the Union off the property he can do as he pleases.

Everyone always talks about good jobs in Aviation: FedEx , Delta, Southwest, Netjets, Ups , United. Funny there all Union shops. I don't think those companies just gave those pay rates, work rules and QOL improvements just out of the goodness of there little hearts. No they were fought for by pilot groups.

Finally there is someone on this site that gets it. .

Phil you and TWA need to get your Facts Straight before you lash out.

TWA wants no Union and you are a In house union leader.......what a pair.

This will be fun to watch over the next year....

Everyone always talks about good jobs in Aviation: FedEx , Delta, Southwest, Netjets, Ups , United. Funny there all Union shops. I don't think those companies just gave those pay rates, work rules and QOL improvements just out of the goodness of there little hearts. No they were fought for by pilot groups.

This is the problem you face. No one at Flex has worked for one of the premier outfits. They only know how a sh**ty union operated at a sh**ty job. And none will have a reply to the above statement.

No one, and I mean nobody, got on yammer and sang KR's praises when we were bought. There's not a soul who's was thrilled to be involved with him. He's still an unknown entity at Flex, but he doesn't have a sterling rep in our industry. And now those same folks, after being threatened about the use of sick days or shamed and lied to about driving into work in icy conditions, are ready to take another leap of faith. Scary indeed.

I'd like to think that good men and women ran good companies using the best of intentions. The problem is that little thing called reality. Many ask why would KR an DAC seek to screw up a good thing and interfere with their revenue stream? Like it's never occurred to them that maybe the flighty SOB doesn't know any better, and that the top levels of management are wagging it just like the rest of us.

Rupert
The LOCAL 1108 has heard from many of us and its going to take some work to get a contract that will pass this time around. As for you and your in-house union-you can keep it along with your scorching case of herpes.

Latest resources

Back