Flex pays $245,000/year?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GlorifiedCabbie

Recently a Flex pilot was bragging about making over $245,000 per year in a certain popular FBO. This pilot (AN) was hired less than 2 years ago! Can this be true?

That would be about right for a senior red label pilot. $1000 a day plus overtime and bonus. But a two year pilot would not be able to hold that position. Was he bragging on behalf of his captain?

Recently a Flex pilot was bragging about making over $245,000 per year in a certain popular FBO. This pilot (AN) was hired less than 2 years ago! Can this be true?
Not even close.

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/fractional/flexjet

15 Year Challenger pilot working 195 day schedule is $142,000, International bonus is $100 a day, so even if every day that was worked was international (which would be impossible) that would still only be $161,500.

So lets be realistic, $142,000 plus say 30 days international so another $3,000 is $145,000, even at $1,000/day for overtime he'd have to work 295 days a year. Maybe he does, but he'd have no life.

Not even close.

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/fractional/flexjet

15 Year Challenger pilot working 195 day schedule is $142,000, International bonus is $100 a day, so even if every day that was worked was international (which would be impossible) that would still only be $161,500.

So lets be realistic, $142,000 plus say 30 days international so another $3,000 is $145,000, even at $1,000/day for overtime he'd have to work 295 days a year. Maybe he does, but he'd have no life.

You didn't read club ORD's post. Red Label guys ARE making that, And those pay rates are not posted on Airline Pilot Central.

Remember, we have 28 day bid periods. So there are 13 "bid months" in a year. 13x16 days equals 208. So at $1000/day, a red label pilot starts out with a base of $208,000. Bonuses were between $25k-$30k this year. They offered me (regular line swine) at least ten overtime "opportunities" last year. So yes, it is possible to make $245k, but if AN is the new "safety" officer transfer from Options, then he has a management position. His salary is not driven by flight days.

That would be about right for a senior red label pilot. $1000 a day plus overtime and bonus. But a two year pilot would not be able to hold that position. Was he bragging on behalf of his captain?

ummmm... pretty sure some of the legacy guys are fairly junior right? So not far off.

Additionally, we have 10 year legacy Captains making 75kmin more than maxed out 22 year 604 Captains so it's all personal perspective on which chaps your *************** more.

Finding it funny as hell they serve together on union leadership. ********************ing joke is what it is.

If our own leadership can't wake up, why should I bother stirring the sleeping souls of my compadres? I want to - after all it's a friggen nightmare - but when the alarm clock is broken at the factory level, it's just not possible.

This thread makes me ********************ing furious. ClubORD, why are you so chill about it? I just don't think you guys get it sometimes.

Remember, we have 28 day bid periods. So there are 13 "bid months" in a year. 13x16 days equals 208. So at $1000/day, a red label pilot starts out with a base of $208,000. Bonuses were between $25k-$30k this year. They offered me (regular line swine) at least ten overtime "opportunities" last year. So yes, it is possible to make $245k, but if AN is the new "safety" officer transfer from Options, then he has a management position. His salary is not driven by flight days.

I could be wrong but I believe they are also getting pretty sweet quarterly bonuses too or did that stop? Honestly it's so ********************ed up I'm not really paying attention anymore.

Adding that most of these guys are working 18 days a bid. So increase your base to $234k plus $30k plus OT plus ooohhh ******************** it I guess I'm just gonna pour the rest of the bottle now and it's not even dark out. ******************** that math. That is ridiculous.

That's Delta money baby. But at least at Delta you don't have to suck a tiny guidos d**k to get it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back