Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ATRCAPT

Livin' the...dream?
Just curious what the first year $$ is at NJA?

Is that sarcasm....?

cosmotheassman said:
We're glad you asked that question. It hasn't been brought up here before....

...so somebody asks a ligitmate question and you make a wise crack at him. I remember on a previous thread you got all touchy and rude over some semi-comical replies, I guess you can dish it out, but not take it. And you aren't even an "arrogant AA pilot."

Of course we should take you seriously and not waste your precious time with an avatar like "Cosmotheassman", you must be a serious guy. I guess your reply would be do a search, blah, blah, blah, ,etc.

My response: Entry level pay a fraction is about $35 give or take. Options and NJA have a few issues right now, Citation Shares is growing and may pay a little more thean the rest. Check out some of the previous threads.

Good Luck,

Jeff

"Nestle" thread, check out Cosmo's comments...

cosmotheassman said:
We're glad you asked that question. It hasn't been brought up here before....

How about it Cosmo, did you find a sense of humor or are you just being mean?

No, I have a sense of humor. And to prove it, I waited to see how long it would take you to put up another response in this thread about it. Less than 30 minutes and, there you are again, like diarrhea. You can't even keep your mouth shut long enough in your own responses.

You're obviously still bitter about being layed off from TWA. Take these things out on your wife, not us poor souls on the internet. If you need help finding a job just let me know...

Man, is it getting hot in here, or is it just me?

Ease up, dude, no one should get a coronary sitting in front of a computer screen!

I don't mind telling you that my husband made about 28K his first year--an outrage! He has just finished his 26th month. Many of the NJ pilots were misled in their interviews and found themselves "stuck" with the 2 yr training contract. Some became very bitter, but most rolled up their sleeves and joined the fight.

PILOTS ARE PROFESSIONALS AND SHOULD BE PAID AS SUCH

A RISING TIDE SHOULD LIFT ALL BOATS

No offense Net jet wife, but do you have a life outside of this website? I just started cruising it recently and you are on here all the time.
Starting pay at Options is 2888 a month or something like that. Add your per diem and its around $35k.

tubelcane said:
No offense Net jet wife, but do you have a life outside of this website? I just started cruising it recently and you are on here all the time.
Starting pay at Options is 2888 a month or something like that. Add your per diem and its around $35k.

I do not consider perdiem part of the pilot paycheck, and nor should you. It is provided, by your company, to look after meal money, incidentals, etc, that occur on the road. If you want to presume that you're going to bank all your perdiem, thats one thing, but in reality, stuff adds up, and you'll find yourself spending a lot of that "perdiem" $. Bottom lines - first year NJ pay is a little on the low side, especially for the type of flying they do. Good luck to all the NJ folks as you slog thru contract negotiations.

FCN

Latest resources

Back