• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Window OPEN!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the past it has remained open continuously. The events of 9-11 and after led Fed Ex to close their site. The applications on file went up drastically and Fed Ex said they could never get to all of them and thus closed the site (temporarily).

Goose17

I guess California residents need the $50 to pay their high taxes! ;) :p

What am I doin' wrong??

Anyone else have this problem, or am I the only goofball...

After meticulously filling out (sts) my online FDX app, I got this message when I submitted my credit card payment (yes, it's a valid card):

Temporary Difficulties

FedEx Flight Operations is experiencing temporary difficulties.
No price/amount specified
Please contact FedEx Flight Operations customer service staff at [email protected], or try again later.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Oh, by the way, the system completely erased all of my profile data.

This also happened three times just before the app window closed. At that time I figured it was the company slowing down the flow (sts) of applicants before deciding to close the window. Now I'm just plain stumped.

I had the application completely filled out (sts) each time. Only thing missing is a company reference, which I plan on updating pronto.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Shaggy

ShaggyF16, others...

I just tried the pilot form and it worked for me. I cheated, I did not want to go through the hassel of entering everything on the pilot profile and upon entry of the creditcard lose it all so I just entered my name and SSN/Password clicked through to the end and paid by card. It took and now that I am in the system I can update the pilot profile at my leisure. Good Luck. Last time it closed I missed it by one day. Its worth a try. CHEERS

KlingonLRDRVR

ShaggyF16,

Just another thought it maybe the encryption code your browser uses that is gumming up the works. On the first page of the pilot profile below where it talks of $50.00 process fee is a paragragh on the type of encryption your browser must have. My guess is only worth what I charge... $0.02.

KlingonLRDRVR

Still no worky

Thanks, Klingon, but still nojoy on the app. My browser is establishing the secure connection with no problems. Password should be fine, too. Maybe it's my overseas APO address causing a flag?

I'm emailing the Flt Admin folks at FDX for help.

Thanks anyway, and good luck!!

Shaggy

50$

It probably costs Fedex 100$ to applicant track every resume sent it.

If you are a furloughee, save the money. They will not select you.

Can someone confirm that FedEx requires at least 1000 hrs PIC in aircraft over 20,000 lbs? Or or they just looking for 1000 hrs PIC?

What they want ... I think

From the FedEx website:

"1500 hours total fixed-wing time as pilot-in command (PIC) or first officer (SIC) including a minimum 1000 hours PIC in fixed-wing jet, fixed wing multi-engine turbo-prop, or multi-engine recip over 20,000 LBGW or combination thereof.
Note: PIC for this purpose is defined as Captain/Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls.
Note: FedEx considers only pilot time in fixed wing aircraft toward minimum qualifications. This does not include simulator, helicopter, flight engineer, bombardier, navigator, RIO, EWO, WSO, NFO, or Special Crew."

So in your case the lim fac isn't the weight but the number of motors on the plane. ie any T44, C12, or KC130 time would count towards the 1000 hours, but T43 time would not. It is my observation that no matter what the stated mins are most majors are looking for roughly the same thing, whether they explicitly state it or not: 1000 hours QUALITY PIC. There are some minor differances in what quality means (SWA wants turbine, FedEx wants Jet or big, etc), but the basic idea doesn't seem to change: the person in charge of a complex/fast fixed wing aircraft. I guess there are enough cargo carriers still running big recips for FedEx to leave that opening for them, but for whatever reason they don't want caravan guys.:confused:

Also, referance this thread http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2329 for another discussion.

re: what they think they want

Thanks for the clarification. Wasn't sure if the 20,000 lbs applied to all or just recip. Guess it's time to work on a new application.

Thanks.

Latest resources

Back