• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Short Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I sure hope so, then -maybe- there will be another bid. You know, the one that was supposed to happen in October.

More fuel for the rumor fire

I was in the palace the other day and was listening to a couple of instructors talking. He said that he was told the BOD still was on the fence about the LA domicile and the next bid should be out within 10 days (this was a few days ago), either a bid with the LA domicile, or one without. The only reason I even gave this gossip any thought was because he said how they've got to get a new bid going because this huge training cycle that we are in now is ending in the summer and they need to be ready to go.

Well, no more time for rumors, back to the books. I've got to quit sitting in the simulator saying "Hey, where's this thing going now?"

Any guesses about the possible LA base in regards to what type or equipment / flying will be there? also how senior do you think the base will be? and on another side note, how hard is the FDX commute from the Best coast? LA area specifically?

Thanks FDX hopefull.

Rob

Requirements

Could anyone tell me what the realistic requirements are for Fed-Ex? I was one of the lucky ones that got a great jet job until 9/11 and was unlucky in losing that job like many others out there. Just a snap shot, I have 1925 TT with 755 turbine.

Thank you for any input.

LAX would be an MD-11 base, and very senior.

Commuting from SoCal is fairly easy as there are multiple flights from LAX, ONT, BUR, SNA and LGB.

The min requirements can be found at http://pilot.fedex.com and if you have that and a pilot referral you are probably in ok shape.

FPA's VP posted a message today that all the issues concerning the LA domicile have been resolved, and that it is a go. The bid should be posted in the near future, and apparently will have little effect on ANC.

Regarding FedEx - I worked briefly for Tigers in '87 before there was even a whisper about the merger, then left for USAir (don't ask). Because of this I have been told don't even bother applying to FedEx; what do you think?

Reep,

I think whoever told you that is wrong, doesn't make any sense. What was your Tiger class date, two people from my class left for USAir.

profile said:
Reep,

I think whoever told you that is wrong, doesn't make any sense. What was your Tiger class date, two people from my class left for USAir.

04/13/1987. Myself and several others in the class came from Westair. I remember one guy, in a remarkable burst of prescience, left for a little airline called Southwest.

Btw, the Tigers ground school instructors were the best! Never had so much fun. On the 747 we had this one Englishman who really missed his calling; he was another Benny Hill!

I left in late May for USAir.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back