FedEx shipping discount?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shamrock

I'm in the process of moving (again) and I was just wondering if FedEx gives discounts on shipping for 121 pilots. Every little bit helps, especially on 1st year regional pay.

Thanks!

I know Skyway Airlines offers a pretty good discount, and i'm almost poisitive Chicago Express also offers a good discount as well. All it took was showing your company ID.

Most of the airlines I have worked for get a discount at FedEx. The only one that didn't was Mountain Air Cargo, a FedEx feeder. Go figure.

While in flight training/college I worked for DAL as a gate agent and the discount definately came in handy......FedEx shipping was only like $6.00 or so flat charge for overnight service..Jeezzz I miss those days..

and those "free" first class seats-**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** where did I go wrong-lol

This is really odd. I just ran a google search trying to figure out the deal on FedEx interline discounts, and came up almost empty. However, I come here, and before I can click on search, I see the exact thread I want.

Here's my question: I'm working for Chicago Express; does FedEx give us a discount? Do any other shippers? No one around here seems to know. What do you have to do to take advantage of it?

Thanks for your help...this really is the place to be!

joe

You have to go to an actual FED EX shipping center. It has to be staffed with Fed Ex employees. Show them your ID and you get your discount.

Not always. Fedex offices have a computer with a list of approved airlines for the discount. You see, it's a reciprocal agreement. Your airline gives their employees ID-90's or ID75's in exchange for the shipping discount. If your airline, or parent airline did not agree to this, you won't be able to get a discount on Fedex. Check with them first, they should be able to look up the list on their computer. Good luck.

I just shipped a bunch of stuff and spent $35 when it would have cost $125 without the discount. Not too bad. Just had to show them my ID.

Latest resources

Back