• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll play along...

Albie & Angry Tanker:

MD-11 Junior Man will be a new hire in the October '05 Class
Airbus Junior Man see aforementioned MD-11 guess
727 Captain (seniority isn't everthing, eh?) let's go with August '02 Class
(I'm torn, is it possible that the spring of '04 will have a shot, but I think the wide-body spots are more tempting)
Widebody -- MEM -- will be much later than 1996 -- there will be a Junior Captain from 1998.....

As for the bid: 148 Wide-Body Captains; and let's put Paris back on the map
new hires (beginning in the October class, straight to the -11 & Bus after the bid is dispersed next week)

fartknocker said:
I just thought that when we were climbing out of FL 40 and setting the altimeter to 29.92, we were flying international. I've never seen this in the U.S. When we came back to SJU, we had to go through customs and immigration to enter the U.S. I thought that was international flying. Our flight ops were all flag operations rather than domestic according to our flight manual and ops specs.

Thanks for making my point for me.

I think that new hire seat availability is based on unfilled vacancies from the most recent bid. But hey, I might be wrong.
Anyway, with that being said, we would have to have right seat widebody bids go unfilled for them to be available to new hires. I just can't see that happening.

ICTS said:
MD-11 Junior Man will be a new hire in the October '05 Class

That is only one month later than the September '05 guys that got the MD-11 right seat in the last bid.

Beertini

What so hard.........

about flying INTL? It just like any other type of flying, sound judgement, some bookwork, learn the in and outs, some Spanglish/Fringlish/Chinglish and your set. I flew all over the world on by reading a few pamphlets and hoping our Jepp dispatch guru REALLY understood that the FSU customs folks REALLY wanted to fine us 2 billion rubles for some obscure reason. Geezz, some of ya are making it out to be some sorta rubiks cube knowledge comprehendable to only a the exhualted few. My favorite these days is not that far: going to MMUN/Cancun on a weekend. Uncomprehendable controllers, about every 6th call answered, the uninitiated thinking a "low fuel" whine will get them ahead of the line (a Condor favorite) only to find them getting cleared to Cozumel. Fuzzy hold instructions and me saying "...good luck ya'll.." after we finally get cleared. Makes ya wish you were flying into Kai Tak when the winds were about 220/30G40 heading down the IGS 13.....ahhhhhh the good old days.........

Last edited:
Any updated rumors??

KLH,

Being local, would you move back to the 727 as a Capt given the chance? Is being a wide-body FO just too much fun?

Great choices coming for some guys...JR captain (TonyC), Widebody FO (like you) or hang out and get senior in the 727 (Jethro). I'd be interested in hearing everyone's take....

I'm just dying to see if the majority of folks who bid the right seat of the Bus this go around are going to come in on top of me or below me. I'm guessing that there will be more coming in on top of me than below me.

I sure don't mind either way, I just hope that they come from below.

I'm still betting on Aug 5th for the bid coming out.

FJ

AlbieF15 said:
KLH,

Being local, would you move back to the 727 as a Capt given the chance? Is being a wide-body FO just too much fun?

Great choices coming for some guys...JR captain (TonyC), Widebody FO (like you) or hang out and get senior in the 727 (Jethro). I'd be interested in hearing everyone's take....
A doctor once asked an asylum inmate why he banged his head on the wall. "Because it feels good when I stop". . . .
However, that $40K / year pay raise would help out the B-Fund. . .

Latest resources

Back