FEDEX recommended requirements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OldTomcat

I need to efficiently utilize my time, since military owns most of it at the moment-- at sea. Have applications in, including FDX (my 1st choice). How big of a deal is the FE written? -- worth the time that would be otherwise spent on interview/tech prep and other applications?

Additionally, I am not in a flying billet, haven't been current in about a year--- is this a show (interview) stopper in current climate for someone with allot of military time?

Thanks!

info

FE writtens are a requirment since you would be an FE if hired. Normally everyone starts in either the 727 or the DC-10 as a Second Officer (FE).

As for not flying the last year... There are plenty of people at Fed Ex that had the exact same story. They are interested in the person, make them interested in you.

Goose17

get the FE, but don't worry about the flying, guy in my indoc class was out of the cockpit for 5 years, doing staff jobs, got current for the interview(1 hour and 3 landings, i think), and got hired, no problems, but he did let the interviewers know why he hadn't been flying. good luck!

Don't worry about the FE. You must get it, but with no prep you can still get 100%, all for just approx 6 hrs of your time and approx $250 through AllATPS.

FDX App to Interview Time

Anyone have recent examples of how long it took from posting of application online to call for interview?

Old Tomcat,

You need to take the FEX written test (Flight Engineer Turbojet and Basic). I bought the Gleim's Flight Engineer study guide and went to the local airport to take the exam. Total cost was $25 for the study guide and $70 to take the LaserGrade computer test (www.lasergrade.com). I studied a few hours at nights after the wife and kids went to bed for about two weeks. I realize you're at sea, but take the exam when you return to shore. Additionally, I put in my FedEx online application in December 2000, received the call in February 2001, and interviewed in April 2001. I think it'll take a little longer these days. Send a PM if you have any questions. Hope this helps. Best wishes and fly safe.

:cool:

Old TomCat,

I updated my profile (from inactive status) June 3 and got called today (June 17) for an interview. So, 2 weeks. They offered me an interview in a month. I respectfully declined July and took August instead. I don't have a current FE and she said it was mandatory for the interview. There is tons of prep involved. So, I thought it was better safe than sorry.

When did you apply?

BA

Oldtomcat

I first applied to FedEx in Feb 2002 when they reopened their window. I thought that it was a little to late and that I'd wait over a year for an interview. However, I received a call yesterday for a July interview. About 4 months from application to call. I did update about twice a month.

Good luck,
backflip

Latest resources

Back