• APDL 9.2 is now available on the Apple App Store. New users install and use FREE for 90 days. For details about this release please see the release notes.

FedEx quesyons

bmxandjets

poolside
Total Time
1+
FedEx questions please..

- How long to get LAX FO?

- Typical schedule for Memphis/LAX, 7 on 7 off?

- How short a trips can you typically do, 3-4 day trips even an option?

- How easy is it to giveaway flying?

Appreciate any information you may have.. Coming up on 4 years at SW and looking at my options.. Run a business on the side as well, so the reason for being able to drop, where currently I'm able to drop roughly half my flying.

Thanks-

fr8doggie

Canis Onus
Total Time
21000+
FedEx questions please..

- How long to get LAX FO?

- Typical schedule for Memphis/LAX, 7 on 7 off?

- How short a trips can you typically do, 3-4 day trips even an option?

- How easy is it to giveaway flying?

Appreciate any information you may have.. Coming up on 4 years at SW and looking at my options.. Run a business on the side as well, so the reason for being able to drop, where currently I'm able to drop roughly half my flying.

Thanks-
LAX F/O- It's the most senior F/O seat in the company. Several years at least.

If you fly domestic you can do everything from 1 day out and backs (MEM), 1 day layovers, to 7 day trips. Many permutations.

Many MEM trips are 1 day. None of the other domiciles have 1 day trips. 2 day minimum. And those are rare.

Commuting to/from trips is very easy at FDX. I've been commuting for 26 years. Living in domicile is even better.

If you want to give away trips and the associated credit hours that is pretty easy.

If you were to get hired here plan on being on reserve for several years.

sluggo

Total Time
10K+
Does FedEx still have the 6months out of country in last 5 yr restriction..?

pitotstatic

Total Time
8200+
How about the Cologne base: Senior? Junior? Anyone knows about what kind of trips and if commuting within Europe is possible?

bafanguy

Total Time
How about the Cologne base: Senior? Junior? Anyone knows about what kind of trips and if commuting within Europe is possible?
Might find some info here. But, are you able to apply to FedEx and work in their US bases too ?

bafanguy

Total Time
Yes, American citizen.

Good. Give it your best shot. It's a great job but hard to get as they hire fewer people than their pax counterparts.