FedEx Application??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

330Driver

Can anyone tell me how to obtain a FedEx application? I went to the company website and sent an e-mail as requested, but so far I have not received a response. I also tried to call the Pilot Hiring hotline, but it is ALWAYS busy.

Thanks!

Thank you F18-FDX!

Here's another question for you FedEx folks:

Back in the early 90's I was told that FedEx used to guarantee a pilot interview to any qualified employee after one year of service. I remember hearing of one or two pilots who took jobs on the ramp for a year while flying in the reserves and were eventually hired as FedEX pilots. Does any such policy currently exist at FedEx? In other words, if someone works for FedEx in a non-pilot position for a year, will they be able to obtain a pilot interview (assuming that they meet the minimum quals)?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
This is second hand....

Back in October I was told that the aforementioned policy was still in effect.

Albie appears to be one of the knowledgable individuals about FedEx -- direct this inquiry to him.

I personally know 2 guys that were internal hires at FedEx, including one of my 14 Jan classmates and a crash pad roomie.
One guy threw boxes for several years at night, and another was an avionics mechanic.

Warning: the job isn't yours automatically if you are hired interviewed from within. Conversely, it seems to me to be a VERY tough process. Most internals don't get picked up on their first try...average seems to be second hack. I have NO idea why this is, and its all anecdotal, but maybe some others in the know can share their experience.

Bottom line...I wouldn't pass up a flying job to sling boxes hoping for the best. On the other hand, if you can work part time for FDX, that might just be your ticket to an interview.

Albie

Latest resources

Back