• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fed Ex Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm swimmin' --- Sep 21 interview. Keep the rumors coming!

You gotta believe

Classes starting back up again

Great news. Got a call today from FedEx for a training class on 14 Jan. Beverely called and said the 14 Jan class will be for 8 people. She said there will be one more class of 8 in Jan as well. I tried to get as much out of her as I could about the next couple of months. She didn't have much more to tell about future classes after Jan. However, I have a bud that is in the "pool" and she said sometime in the Spring for him. He interviewed in mid Oct. So I would think probably pretty far down in the pool.

Just for your info as well. I interviewed back in Jun. I was originally sheduled for the 26 Nov class. That was the first one I could get to because of the old military committment thing. For you Air Force guys stuck in "stop loss", may want to try a waiver. The Air Force gave me one. I guess they figured they could survive without a T-38 guy. Best of luck to all.

T-38Dude;

Thanks for the great news! Everything I have heard (all rumors) has said nothing until February. This is definitly a glimmer of hope. Like Purple Haze said, keep the info flowing...

Goose17

a little more info...

The following is from Kim Daniels at Fed Ex:

Last week we got confirmation on two January classes, 14th and 21st (8per class). There are no positions in the pool but I do try to pull in the order they were interviewed with availability in mind. My plans are to re-schedule Nov and Dec classes first then start with the others in the pool. I feel pretty good that we will continue in Feb with more classes but no dates have been confirmed.

Got the call from Beverly Hyter on Monday the 17th. Scheduled for class on the 21st of Jan. Originally interviewed in July and scheduled for 26 Nov class. See you in Memphis!!

More info

This rumor just in from a friend who spoke with the chief pilot...

There will be 2 classes per month 8 people in each from January through May. There are 89 people in the pool. They may take more than 8 in each class to get through the entire pool.

Goose17

Straight from the Sys Chief Pilot from the FedEx pilot website:

"New hire classes of 8 each on 14 & 21 January. Maybe two more classes
of 8 each in February. No firm plans for hiring after that yet...but maybe
a few more classes. LAX MD-11 domicile is breathing hard, but that's it so
far. Probably a bid in February or March. Off-line jumpseaters on our
aircraft are still being worked on. Still dependent upon door locks and
verification of employment. Lots of maybes, probablys and ifs."

Sounds pretty much the same as all the other rumors flying. Hang in there fellas.

FAA inquiry notification

Just got notification in the mail yesterday from the FAA that Fed Ex checked on my records again. This is a good sign. I would like to think they are checking one more time before they call with a class date and an offer of employment.

Goose17

Latest resources

Back