Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fed Ex calling friends

Just another piece of information...

I was told by a couple of Fed Ex pilot buddies the pilot recruitment office called them in reference to me. Both guys were on trips when they called, so they only got messages on their machines. They will be returning their calls after Christmas. The guys are friends that I listed on the web site as references when I initially applied. I assume they are doing one more character reference to make sure I haven't been in jail or something. Who knows... maybe I'll get a late Christmas present.

Goose17

Feb Classes

From a Capt:

2 more classes of 8 each in Feb. More hiring expected in following months. Currently asking pilots to voluntarily cnx Jan-Feb vacations.

Question for you: Are you calling Kim or just sitting quietly and waiting? I have not called and I feel like a buzzard waiting for something to die. "I want to kill something."

PS. Got my FAA records check notification dated 12/13

Kim

I have contacted Kim, but she is tight lipped with information. There is more info on this site. I am now sitting idle with one hand on the phone. I imagine something will happen VERY soon. With the FAA records check done and my Fed Ex references called, there is only one thing left - CALL ME! (hopefully)

Again, please post any and all info to help out our fellow poolies.

Goose17

I don't know why guys sell back their vacation. I figure if we all use our vacation then we will have to hire more pilots to cover the lost flying. That's good for you guys because you get a job and it's good for me because I get more numbers underneath me and I get to go on vacation. :) Not a bad deal. Well, good luck guys and we'll see you in the line.

NightFlyer

Night,

I personally don't do it, but I do understand why they do it. If you are happy with your time off and not planning anything, selling back a 7 day vacation pays the same as flying a DFT trip. 7 day vacation is worth 49 credit hours, company gives you 24 more hours to sell it back. Pretty much DFT/VLT pay. That's why they do it! Personally, I take the vacation and those times I've wanted extra cash, I wait for a DFT that has a DH front and back so I can end up being paid as many or more hours than I spend away from home!

Newsflash

The latest:
The USPS contract is increased by 45% immediately. Operations will continue at peak season pace: short of crews and airframes. They must hire at least moderately throughout the year.

Purple

Source

Purple Haze;

I'm assuming the numbers you got were from the "inter Fed Ex" email that talked about the increase in the contract. I have not seen nor heard any details on how this translates into pilot hiring plans for 02.

Has anyone heard or has anyone else been called with a class date yet? Anyone called for February yet?

Still waiting in Memphis...

Goose17

Hot off the press...

Hot news off the press,

I spoke with Kim Daniels this morning. The two scheduled classes in February (the 11th and 18th) have gone from 8 per class to 12 per class! I also asked her about the hiring plans for 02, and after a brief discussion with Beverly, she said that they will be hiring 250-300 pilots this year with 2 classes of 12 each month. She said this is not yet confirmed, but looking promising.

She also said that Fed Ex recently started hauling more mail for the USPS and that it would increase again this summer. That being said, the pilot hiring is looking good this year.

As for me, it is looking like February now. I went down to Fed Ex today and updated my drug test which appearently expired since my interview. Kim is also sending me some forms to update and next comes official notification!!!

Waiting in Memphis,

Goose17

FDX Rumor

Here's my rumor, take it for what its worth. Flew with a captain last week who said " so you're brand new?...Don't worry about, you'll have 500 behind you by next year" I responded "What have you been smokin'..." He said "no really I had lunch with umpty squat chief pilot so and so and he said "" That the USPS international contract that DHL owns is up this year, and the FEDs don't want to give it back to DHL because they are foreign and were a shoe in cause the US Anthrax service Loves us."" Anyway, that's my rumor. Sorry to DHL guys if in pans out.

profile went secure...

Profile, I read every word you wrote with great anticipation to find out what advantage selling back you vacation would do, but you lost me with the FedEx company lingo. Could you explain? And talk slow I be an Aviater, avia, aviate, a pilot.

Latest resources

Back