• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fears and Visions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not necessarily. International Red Label is an alter ego. It’s a separate entity flown by out of seniority pilots with certain privileges that not everyone else enjoys. 121 or not, the effect to the rank and file is the same.

So the global and gulf streams aren’t being flown by pilots based on seniority?

No, You have to apply, then they interview in senority order but they still select who they want. They are suppose to let you know why you were not selected so you can dispute the decision or work on your short coming(s). The program is a sham it is a way around the contract at this point in time.

Yeah, I never even got the courtesy of a fake call with any consideration. I was simply passed over and had 30 Options transfers, junior to me, who were placed as captain on those aircraft.

So the global and gulf streams aren’t being flown by pilots based on seniority?

Absolutely not. Cougar nailed it. It was originally intended for Ricci’s Flight Options groupies to be rewarded on the Flexjet side of the house. Eventually, the judge or arbitrator, I forget which, ruled it had to be 50/50 between Flexjet and Flight Options pilots with no more than a 60/40 split. Then it morphed into more what Cougar described. It’s amazing that Handschuch and all the company water toters are up in arms over SLI but in Ricci’s world, which they support, seniority doesn’t matter. They’re upset over SLI because it was done by the Union, and for no other reason. KW told me once that 60% of Flexjet pilots had their percentage get better. That’s pretty good. But now the company is pushing for DOH. Go figure.

That is because they feel that they already have a majority of the flexjet vote. All they can really offer FO pilots is date of hire since the sli is still in arbitration or if the union goes away they can change it at will.

Not necessarily. International Red Label is an alter ego. It’s a separate entity flown by out of seniority pilots with certain privileges that not everyone else enjoys. 121 or not, the effect to the rank and file is the same.

you got pretty much the same thing going on over at the mother ship after the merger with Savannah although not as widely spread

That is because they feel that they already have a majority of the flexjet vote. All they can really offer FO pilots is date of hire since the sli is still in arbitration or if the union goes away they can change it at will.

They got a bunch of those votes from guys like el raton who are pissed about the SLI. But management's date of hire argument to the arbitrator will staple him and them to the bottom of the list instead of integrating them as they are now. But these guys continue to cut their own throats by voting to let management do anything they want...

Since single carrier status was granted nearly three ago, seniority list and integration is still required to follow Allegheny-Mohawk and McCaskill-Bond. Even though the company may rip apart the SLI, it still has to be “fair and equitable” to under federal law.

what does SCOPE get you?

1. Loss of seniority on the seniority list.
2. Unequal basing system.
3. Captain upgrades out of seniority.

Should I continue ?

Please do. Those three were a function of bringing us all in the fold. It was an arranged marriage at best but like the song says, “find a woman and you’ll find love”...

It will take years to right the wrongs but already #3 is taking care of itself. It just takes time. Number 2 possibly will be off your list when the EMT & NJASAP hash out these issues as possible QOL issues. As for #1, please show us any seniority list merger that didn’t ruffle feather on both sides...

Please do. Those three were a function of bringing us all in the fold. It was an arranged marriage at best but like the song says, “find a woman and you’ll find love”...

It will take years to right the wrongs but already #3 is taking care of itself. It just takes time. Number 2 possibly will be off your list when the EMT & NJASAP hash out these issues as possible QOL issues. As for #1, please show us any seniority list merger that didn’t ruffle feather on both sides...

I didn’t vote for the balogny. And now the company is actually the one fixing the basing inequality

whole merger has been a joke for the Cmh side

it was a one side “Get All” deal from the start

Latest resources

Back