FC1 completion question/eye question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stlpilot

Ok so my FC1 is finished and they said it would be mailed off this monday for randolph and hopefully I would hear something by May. Anyone know what they do with it at randolph? What I really want to know is if there is anyway randolph could comeback and say a portion of my phsical is questionalble. This is why: I was supposed to leave my contacts out for 30 days before the eye exam but i was only notified of the physical 2 weeks before the exam. Well at the FC1 they did this test that I thought they only did at MFS which is called a corneal topography. I saw the results and wow you could really tell that I had worn contacts, but my flight doc and optomotrist said "everything looks good" Ill sign you off. So Im puzzeled at why he said that. Im no expert at reading those corneal topography charts but if you take a look at the MFS home page http://www.brooks.af.mil/web/fec/master.html and click on opthomology it shows how it works and I fit right under the example of a person who wears contacts. So I know this is a very detailed question but if anyone has insight or knows if randolph could comback and say "hey this guy looks suspicious" or do they just rubber stamp it? then let me know. thanks

FC1

I did my FC1 physical about 3 years ago. The Docs who give you the physical just put together the results and submit them to the AF surgeon gererals office at Randolph. I ran a minimarathon two days before my physical and one of my tests had some strange results... all that happened was that they had me take the test again. If your contacts caused a problem with your test, most likely they will have you take it again after you've kept the contacts out for the required time. That whole process was very slow and frustrating so just be patient. Hope this helps.

question for stlpilot

I just finished reading your message about your physical with regards to the eye exam. I am curious why you where contacts and what your vision is rated uncorrected. I am looking at appling in a few years after I'm done school but I wear glasses. I currently have astigmatism which gives me uncorrected vision of 20/40, I have read conflicting things about vision requirements. I'm not sure if you need a waiver if you have less than 20/20, any info you could lend would be much appreciated.

Re: question for stlpilot

fighter hopeful said:
I just finished reading your message about your physical with regards to the eye exam. I am curious why you where contacts and what your vision is rated uncorrected. I am looking at appling in a few years after I'm done school but I wear glasses. I currently have astigmatism which gives me uncorrected vision of 20/40, I have read conflicting things about vision requirements. I'm not sure if you need a waiver if you have less than 20/20, any info you could lend would be much appreciated.

The only people I heard of getting a waiver for eyesight were academy grraduates.

I can probably count on one hand the numbers of those I was aware of that did get the eyesight waiver. This was awhile ago so maybe things have changed.

Latest resources

Back