Favorite snack foods during cruise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dew it

it begins and ends with Mountain Dew-the breakfast, lunch and dinner of champions.

Can't beat the airport Burger King. Flying the old 1900 with your knees while you juggle a burger in one hand and a large coke in the other.

You can get the flavored water at Aldi's in Chicago. I don't know the name of the stuff, but my girlfriend get's it there all the time.

In the old MU-2 days, it was 2 liter of Dew, Kong Dongs, one Whatchamakalit (sp) and a Bean and Beef buritto from QuikTrip...
It got messy some nights...

Now, being that I have to be clean cut now, I prefer Cashews, Granola Bars and Hot Chocolate.
Where do I find good Jerky in OK?

A flight attendent introduced me to this. Name? The Cosby...
Recipe: Hot Chocolate Packet, 2 creamers (cream not powder) Usually the ones in the galley. Flavored ones are good also....and hot water. Mix the hot chocolate and the two creamers toghether till you come up with a paste, then add the hot water. Mix well.

Best **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** hot chocolate I ever had.

hot beef jerky

My dad makes his own beef jerky. It's hot and the best stuff you've ever had. He sends it to me by the poundful. When I was flying P-3's, it was part of the climb checklist for me to break out a bag. By the time we leveled off, everyone was reaching for a drink! We used to do some pretty creative cooking, but nothing beats that fried rice with the fish sauce and being squeeeky-clean behind the ears after a few foamies on your way out of Thailand! :D

A can of walnuts works great and fits right next to the smoke goggles. A large liter of water and two diet cokes that will get you from BWI to KEF and back in one night.

True Story....

One of our pilots put his lunch, in a brown bag, on top of the enormous storage space between the seats in the 1900D.

During takeoff roll, the lunch bag slides rapidly down the passenger aisle and launches off of the ramp over the spar around row 5. Food every where.

The crew looks back after climbing out and the pax are actually eating HIS LUNCH!!!!!

Now days when all you get on a 3.0 trip is a small bag of peanuts and a diet coke what do you expect???They probubly just spent all day on AA, they were thrilled.

Latest resources

Back