• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Farquaad fiddled while OneSky burned

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DOH you don't know what would have happened and if that did happen all the better for the Union. Then the union could have sat back and said " Look we tried to work with the company we agreed to their poor excuse of a VSP and they still can't run this company properly" That may have built up some trust among these stupid pilots. But any chance of that is now lost. How KR outplayed the union on this is mind boggling.

Shanes, you're doing exactly what you accuse the Flexjet pilots of doing. Really?

So on Friday, the company told the union negotiators that they were unable to schedule any meetings for the following week. Naturally the negotiators went home to await the company response. On Sunday night the company said they would only be available on that Monday. Of course the negotiators were unable to get back that quick, so in their deposition, in federal court, the company claimed it was the union's fault for not meeting.

I am doing what I always do. Calling it as I see it. I support the union 99% of the time. And if there was a union vote today it would still be a yes vote for me. But the VSP was handled wrong. And it has damaged this group for what I fear is beyond repair. The union leaders need to admit the mistake and fix it. The VUH board has fell all but silent probably because people are afraid to say something was handled wrong on that board. Bottom line is nobody is right 100% of the time. But admitting a mistake goes a lot farther then trying to argue it and try to convince everyone else you are right. Especially when 40 pilots on the street and another 550+ sit and watch.

When has the union ever admitted they made a mistake? Never. Just like the company. And shanes123 I agree with you, the fact that the union can't even admit it only makes things worse.

In the last 2 days whenever I met a flight options crew in an FBO guess what they were talking about? Not SLI. Not about the JCBA. Every time, they were bitching about the union's actions on the VSP and I was walking into a very familiar conversation, sounding very much just like this one. Pilots are worried they are next, and pissed off the union is trying to take away the VSP.

I hope they realize the damage this decision has done. I don't see how they can't. What you say is the truth Mach, this has over shadowed SLI, JCBA, and it's taken the heat off those FJ morons.

It appears that the pilots at Flight Options/FlexJet are working for a management team that is hell bent on creating turmoil and infighting within the ranks. The sad part is, it's working.

If Ken Ricci wanted to make it all good, he could. He's playing you guys one against the other with great success.

The Mach94 guy with the recent posts is awfully suspicious. He's blaming everything on the union. I would definitely listen to what your union leadership has to say.

Good luck guys.

It appears that the pilots at Flight Options/FlexJet are working for a management team that is hell bent on creating turmoil and infighting within the ranks. The sad part is, it's working.

If Ken Ricci wanted to make it all good, he could. He's playing you guys one against the other with great success.

The Mach94 guy with the recent posts is awfully suspicious. He's blaming everything on the union. I would definitely listen to what your union leadership has to say.

Good luck guys.

That's a fair statement, flexpilot. You're right, you haven't normally seen this kind of chatter from the options pilots about the union. That was because for the most part, the union's decisions and actions were predictable and for the good of the pilot group. What you see here are MiGs who are now pissed at a most catastrophic, expensive, personally impacting mistake union leadership is making regarding those losing their jobs. It's despicable. And I for one am listening to the union leadership. I just am not buying their reasons for their actions and not about to just "toe the party line" when such a disastrous mistake is being made. I can't afford to. Not much I can do but let others here know they aren't the only ones feeling the way I am.

How would you feel if you were about to get kicked out the door and lose your job, probably not for the first time, but this time you know the company will probably be shutting its doors and there's no reason or ability to return, could have got a $100,000 check on the way out to help speed you on your way and assist you as you take a pay cut at the bottom of the next seniority list, but the union says "not so fast" and keeps you from it? Think you might speak up about that?

This is a colossal mistake that will ultimately destroy our very union we all worked very hard for as it just bottomed out our solidarity, which was already weakened. That decision will affect Flexjet as well, as now you won't have the solidarity for when the inevitable decertification vote is a reality.

It is very sad that it has come to this and the union would risk everything over something that quite frankly wasn't worth the overall outcome, especially for those losing their jobs. Regardless of the lame excuses the union has given us.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back