• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Farquaad fiddled while OneSky burned

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your post count is up to 11. This has been explained to you by multiple people. Your response is to spew the same management line over and over. Folks, don't fall for this. Management is only attempting to set a legal precedent to never have to bargain again. They could have had these very terms, IF they would have negotiated a Letter of Agreement. They wanted to set the legal precedent of bypassing negotiations. They were NEVER intending to benefit anyone but themselves.

The company said one thing, but when it was put into writing and it was time for the company to sign what they agreed to , they refused. I think OgletreeDeakons ( the new law firm?) is the only one benefitting from this infighting.

Just so I'm clear, the union AGREED in their counter proposal / LOA to give up the recall rights for those who take the VSP?

Go ahead and decertify, then stand by for the sale of the remaining assets. You'll soon discover how important being unionized was....

Look up the definition of the word "Staple" as it pertains to merging work forces.

Just so I'm clear, the union AGREED in their counter proposal / LOA to give up the recall rights for those who take the VSP?

Please don't put words in my mouth. What the company released is not what they verbally agreed to. When it came time to put it in writing, the company lawyer intervened and blocked further discussion. Next, the company released the false narrative that it was the union who would not negotiate. The company's offer is unpalatable to the pilot group as a whole. Why did the company try to entice the union to sign a bad deal with a take it or leave it proposal? If the union signed, the company claimed it didn't need to immediately furlough those pilots. So why did the company have to furlough? Lack of vision?

I won't put words in your mouth, but I will point out that you are twisting your words.

The VSP that was given to the Options pilots is the exact same VSP that was given to the Flexjet pilots with 6, 9, or 12 months' severance available depending on your circumstances.

And it was the union, not the company, that filed an injunction to try to stop the pilots from getting that compensation. And the reason was clear, both in the union's letter to the pilots and in the court document itself. Because the company did not negotiate that vsp with the union. And here we are.

And Ghostrider is absolutely right. And when the assets are sold maybe those in union leadership may realize how bad they F'd up by killing what solidarity they had by destroying itself over a VSP that was harming no one and actually was helping fellow pilots out, all to try to force the company to negotiate, which it was already doing with another lawsuit. They got greedy, they lost their patience, they gambled and lost. And we all will suffer and lose the union we all worked so hard to have. Stupid, stupid, fatal mistake.

Because it is a false talking point.

This comes to mind.

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately," Ben Franklin

After reading this thread, it appears to me that Mach94 is either a management tool or someone so blinded by their own position, they fail to see the big picture.

Ken Ricci, is a man known for his lying. Any agreement with him needs to be in writing and have witnesses. Even then you need to be prepared to go to court to enforce the agreement. The only way a group of pilots can do that is with a union.

Good luck.

Just like when the vote for representation with Flexjet happened and the union thought it would be a landslide and was so far off and only won by about the same amount of votes as the guys who are now furloughed, the union cronies attack anyone with a counter view, and are so delusional it will be too late when they realize yet again they were wrong. Terribly wrong. And the fact that anyone would dare speak out against the mistakes our union's leadership has made "must be a management plan". It really is laughable. And rather than recognize that someone who is a MiGs could feel this way, it's just easier to try to point someone out as a management tool with an agenda for management. As if the possibility of MiGs being pissed at union leadership's actions and decisions is not possible. This has always been an inherent problem with the IBT 1108, and why solidarity even at its peak has at best been weak. How can you trust leadership who is nothing but the other side of the same coin as Ricci? "Do it our way or the high way." Even when they are making a fatal mistake.

It's pathetic, and the 1108 - or more accurately, "Onesky 1108" (as not to rope TMC into this) is mortally wounded and like the crew of Titanic, the crew is in denial to that ever being a possibility. Idiots.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back