• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Urges Airmen To Change Certificate N

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys are making it too hard on yourselves. A thirty four cent stamp to OK city, and you're done. Forget the local FSDO. The FSDO can't help you interpret regulations, and needn't help you change your certificate number. You're just complicating the issue for yourself.

All you need from the local FSDO is new ASRS forms and advisory circulars. Other than that, you can go see them when you're up for enforcement action. Save your conversation and correspondence for the national level, and save yourself the headache of dealing with the FSDO. They can't help you.

Apparently they haven't been, either.

I thought I'd pass this along... May 9th I mailed "Certified Return Reciept" to Oklahoma City, the "Change Your Airman Certificate Number" form that I printed from the FAA's website and by May 21st I had my new certificate numbers. It was that easy! I haven't recieved my new tickets in the mail yet but, I called the FAA in OKC and they gave me my new certificate numbers over the phone. If you want to print the form, click on the link below. Then click the link for "Change Your Airmen Certificate number." Then click the link "here" to download/print the form.
The FAA suggests checking box # 2 when filling out the form.

http://registry.faa.gov/airmen.asp

What I always thought was funny was that when entering the country, say, from the Bahamas, US Customs will not take your pilot license as a proof of nationality. I always carry my passport anyway but still it's odd that one govenment agency will not take another government form which might clearly state that your nationality is USA. Sort of makes you go....hhhhmmmmmmm.

Must depend on the agent. When I first started flying commercial, I forgot my passport at home on a Candadian overnight trip. As I processed through customs returning to the US, the agent said the driver's license and retired mil ID weren't going to do and asked to see my pilot license. The pilot license satisfied him and I was on my way. Go figure. I've not been without my passport since then. :)

<<----a little confused

So Question...

If I go get my number changed. Currently I only have a PPL and my instrument. Will those numbers get changed or everything after those get changed? Will I get a new/different/additional number for ever new rating or license I get?

Ali
who does not really want to have eighteen different numbers...

you know.. i originally had my certificate number a unique number. then about 6 years later the FAA sent me a letter automatically changing it for me to my SSN. they apparently issued me a number that someone else already had and didnt figure it out until then. when i talked to them on the phone they highly suggested using my SSN, which i reluctantly accepted. now its time to change it back.... *sigh*.

Latest resources

Back