• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expat Taxes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Check out or buy the latest US Tax code, not too hard to read, basically as a US citizen you are required to declare your world wide income, there are over 200 treaties with other country's to set up a rate, no treaty and it defaults to 30%. Exclusions include, resident status in that country or being out of the USA for more than 330 days a year and there are others.

Countbat, the main reason would be that most Americans have to send the vast majority of the income to accounts in the states.

In a post 9/11 world countbat, where all information is available and shared. It is just a matter of time before Uncle Sam will get you, It could be as close as your next passport app.

Uncle Sam will probably get you before the next passport app.

Frequent wire transfers into the USA or bringing large amounts of cash across the border are red flags.

Remember, you have to declare any cash or financial instruments over 10k, going in or out of the USA.

You also have to declare all foreign bank accounts in your name if their aggregate value is greater than 10k. This report is to the DOJ each June not the IRS.

Last edited:
All I know is if i didn't have onions for lunch I will not smell like onions. Uncle Sam will love to tax every single of us 'till will dry us dead. Except the air wel pay taxes for everything. I have a feeling some day we will pay for that too. Look at the burden on homeowners. Sooner or later every homeowner will get in foreclosure. American dream of owning a house has become a nightmare trap to squeeze every drop of blood out of you. If I can make decent money outside the country and buy propety with no taxes sign me for it. More and more rich SOBs are living outside the country like US is not good for them. Everybody is for the grabbing, stealing, cheating the american people. The only rights we have left are to shut off, to eat from Wall-Mart and get fat.

Latest resources

Back