Expat Taxes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Expat taxes

Yeah, I just found a CPA that lived in Europe for 6 years and is familliar with foreing income. I work in France and do not make any money in the US, but I reside in the US. Well, it took me the longuest time to find someone qualified to help me: Frank Ciaburri, CPA. Works at Habif, Arogetti & Wynne, LLP in Atlanta, GA. (404)898-7583. And like most CPA, he is hard to get in touch with. Good luck.

I used to use Ernst & Young out of Houston. They had a good expat tax department. It's been about 15 years ago but last I heard they were still good.

Palazzo & Company

I have been working in Iraq for 26 months and have used Steve Palazzo of Gulfport, MS. Service is excellent.
He is a former ex-pat and knows the foreign income laws very well. He is a Republican and a member of the Mississippi legislature. His fee is a flat $450.00 for tax form preparation. Contact the firm below and someone will get in touch with you:
www.palazzocpa.com or 866-272-9224.

Like the previous post indicates, it's not too complicated of a process, the only reason I use a CPA is because of rental property and other investments.

Is not a matter of it being difficult as much as it is time consuming. Like you I also own rental property, a side business, my wifes realtor career and the expat contract angle. I don't think Turbotax will work for me

Maybe is a stupid question but if someoe works outside of Uncle Sam's reach why bother filling for tax return? It is not a declared income. It doesn't exist, it shouldn't be declared. Right?

Only a certain amount is untaxable. I believe it's up to $84,200 that's tax free. After that, you have to pay taxes on anything earned above that. Even if you make less than that, Uncle Sam still requires you to tell him.

Latest resources

Back