• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Excel headset

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've flown with the 750 and needed to wear ear plugs with them, both for the wind noise, but also for the very loud aural alerts (500 feet, etc). I preferred wearing my ANR500's and could then have better control over the alert volume by using the 500 volume control in conjunction with the intercom volume controls.
The guys I flew with all wore the 750's with ear plugs.

Is the Bose X overkill and do all of your fleets have intercoms? I've shelled out the $1k for the X but I find that I'm keeping one muff off of my ear so I can hear the other guy. The intercom in the Lear is a pain and no one uses it. When I fly with two of our pilots that do use full headsets the Bose is incredible, but it doesn't seem like I wear them that often.

Any comments - suggestions?

Baja.

I believe the Telex 750s are the company provided headsets in the Excels. Whatever they are, they work fine for me as long as I wear earplugs underneath. It's not the most quiet cockpit and I've flown with a few captains who just go with good old-fashioned passive head clamps to cut the noise.

Bose makes a great product that works well in the Excel. You really don't realize how well until you put a new battery in and the noise-cancelling starts to work again.:rolleyes:

X

Latest resources

Back