Ever Been Employed by PSA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lindy

Looking for aviation employment (as usual) and came across this at www.climbto350.com:

PSA is looking for FORMER employees who may be FURLOUGHED (from [insert airline name] ) for an upcoming class.

I don't fit into this category, however, someone might!!

Good Luck!!

And......
I know that PSA is saving on training costs for the company, however, PSA is also helping former employees obtain a flying position. In my humble, furloughee opinion, very decent of the company. I know that PSA isn't altruistic, however, my former employer stated that absolutely NO Furloughed airline pilots will be hired.

Would you resign your seniority to accept employment at PSA if it was offered? Thats the important question. I doubt any regional will fork out the bucks to train you and then to watch you leave when your EMPLOYER calls you to return to work.

Good Luck and hope you fly again soon!!

I am under the impression that the FORMER PSA pilots on furlough from "whatever airline" will not need to resign their senority number -- PSA needs people that they can quickly put into the front of the aircraft.

Let' see, out of PSA for less than twelve months and willing to come back, wouldn't that just be recurrent and a PC? Every POI has their own rules and if that is what PSA is working under, then why not try to find 10, even 20 former employees furloughed. It would save them time and money (in the short term). Would you want to have brand new aircraft sitting (READ: not generating revenue) vs. generate revenue and in the interim hire others? It is definitely a band-aid approach, but it might work.

Also, the advertisement didn't state ANY former 328 Driver, just PSA 328 Drivers. That is my rationale for the POI statement -- it would be a recurrent and PC (F/O slot??).

The regs are clear about checkrides every six/twleve months and recurrent, however, it doesn't state that you need to be an employee during the entire period.

Try this:
Six month PC at PSA on 06-01-01
Quit 07-01-01
Furloughed 10-31-01

The PC is still current until 12-31-01 and if the company went to grace, then it would be 01-31-02..........

Obviously this would need FAA/POI approval, Union, Management, etc., however, it could be that is the type of employee that PSA is looking for.

How many former pilots returning?

Does anyone know how many former PSA pilots are coming back? I'm a new hire waiting for a slot on a class date.

adams

I wish I had better information. I just copied the employment opportunity from www.climbto350.com (and added a few comments).

Did PSA even furlough pilots? I would guess that they didn't since they are hiring, however, I have no idea about the number, if any, would be returning.

Congratulations on being hired!!

FurloughedGal said:
Did PSA even furlough pilots? I would guess that they didn't since they are hiring, however, I have no idea about the number, if any, would be returning.

Yeah, PSA did fulough pilots. We furloughed ~52 total but all will be back by the 7th of this month. YAY!!!

As far as pilots coming back from other airlines.... I'm sorry but I don't know. I would give Joey a call and hassle him about a class date.

Even if you get pushed back a bit for your class date don't worry too much. As soon as those guys ahead of you get their jobs back you will leap ahead senoirity. It will suck being on the bottom for a while but things will get better.

Consider this time waiting as a vactation. Relax, enjoy the time with friends and family because once you start training you are gonna work your butt off! :)

Skeezer

I am an ex psa guy coming back...and when i was called on the 27th..it was joey that called me...so i think he still works there...as far as the guys coming back...i know of at least 25..the dates they offered us were jan 28 and feb 11...hope this helps

I talked to him today...so he must be leaving soon...i wonder where he's going...He's been around since I was hired the first time back in Feb of 97....He is prolly going where everyone else went..Fractionals

For all you mainline guys comming back. How many are going into the training department? How many back to the Dork?. Just curious if they are offering instructor positions outside the internal network. If so, this could get ugly.

Latest resources

Back