Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

t-bone

Dear Captain Happy,

(I assume you were the captain because you sounded much older and MUCH grumpier than the other voice on the radio)

When ATC cleared you direct to the airport, is there a reason you couldn't just type KGSO into the FMS? Or ask for a heading? Instead, you lay into the controller who was trying to make you #1, giving excuses including: confusing lights, unfamiliar with the area, you dont have the airport in sight, and stabilized approach requirements. You weren't cleared for the visual, you were cleared direct to the airport. There's a difference. Is there an equipment limitation in the 145 that prevents this? Now I dont know what else was going on in your cockpit, but you sounded like a dick. And perception is very often the reality. I'm hoping that, after asking tower for approach's phone number (same person tonight handling both) that you apologized for how you spoke to her. Instead of getting all spooled up over something like this, try and relax a little, you'll probably be more pleasant to fly with.

Sincerely,

The crew that had to follow you tonight.

Approximate time and frequency? Would like to find a LiveATC feed to listen to while drinking ouzo tonight.

That captain is a notorious effing ******************************bag. No surprise when I looked it up.

He sounded like an idiot!! LiveATC.net Archives, KGSO, DEC. 10 at 0400-0430Z. Its at the end of tape. Its not taking the cut and paste.

"We've got a lot of lights here, ma'am, and we're not frequent visitors here, so you Don't presume we have the field in sight whenever you do that, change from one thing to another."

I apologize, I didn't assume you had the field in sight, I wanted you to go direct to the field.

Dear Captain Happy,

(I assume you were the captain because you sounded much older and MUCH grumpier than the other voice on the radio)

When ATC cleared you direct to the airport, is there a reason you couldn't just type KGSO into the FMS? Or ask for a heading? Instead, you lay into the controller who was trying to make you #1, giving excuses including: confusing lights, unfamiliar with the area, you dont have the airport in sight, and stabilized approach requirements. You weren't cleared for the visual, you were cleared direct to the airport. There's a difference. Is there an equipment limitation in the 145 that prevents this? Now I dont know what else was going on in your cockpit, but you sounded like a dick. And perception is very often the reality. I'm hoping that, after asking tower for approach's phone number (same person tonight handling both) that you apologized for how you spoke to her. Instead of getting all spooled up over something like this, try and relax a little, you'll probably be more pleasant to fly with.

Sincerely,

The crew that had to follow you tonight.

Teeeeee - bone!

Just listened to the tapes and he did sound like a d-bag. She was professional throughout. If I was her, I'd vector him for the full procedure turn and cleared for the ILS approach.

Latest resources

Back