Endeavor air thanks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CAPTAINAMERICA

Just wanted to say thank you for answering the question(s) regarding Endeavor Air's new hire interview - hiring under the Delta ETD program.
Now I feel bad.... I would have really liked to have interviewed and worked at Endeavor Air but I am older, have 3 years of college and I am sure I do not fit the " Delta Mainline " protocol. I would have NO Intentions at all to go to Delta Mainline. This new BS ETD program is going to make a lot of good stick and rudder would be applicants not even apply to Endeavor Air. Their Loss..... I will be looking at other air carriers that would be more than happy to have someone that really wants to be employed as a pilot at their company without all the BS. Delta always did have a better than all other attitude towards other pilots and other airlines. While jump seating on Delta Mainline as a Delta Connection pilot I was treated as a second class citizen then. I am sure the same attitude prevails to this day even towards other employees from the Delta family network.
I am certain that in the long run this so called ETD program will fall apart and screw all the wanna be hopefuls not to mention Endeavor Air too.

Thanks Again

Just wanted to say thank you for answering the question(s) regarding Endeavor Air's new hire interview - hiring under the Delta ETD program.
Now I feel bad.... I would have really liked to have interviewed and worked at Endeavor Air but I am older, have 3 years of college and I am sure I do not fit the " Delta Mainline " protocol. I would have NO Intentions at all to go to Delta Mainline. This new BS ETD program is going to make a lot of good stick and rudder would be applicants not even apply to Endeavor Air. Their Loss..... I will be looking at other air carriers that would be more than happy to have someone that really wants to be employed as a pilot at their company without all the BS. Delta always did have a better than all other attitude towards other pilots and other airlines. While jump seating on Delta Mainline as a Delta Connection pilot I was treated as a second class citizen then. I am sure the same attitude prevails to this day even towards other employees from the Delta family network.
I am certain that in the long run this so called ETD program will fall apart and screw all the wanna be hopefuls not to mention Endeavor Air too.

Thanks Again

Say what? Oh come on. Regarding the college degree, since you already put in 3 years, you should probably finish and get it over with. You still have time to get it done and increase your chances at every legacy, huge retirements haven't really started yet.

As far as feeling like a second class citizen, can you elaborate a little bit more? When it comes to Jumpseating, DCI pilots get the jumpseat before any other pilot other than a mainline pilot on mainline flights. That is exactly what happens on DCI flights too, DCI pilots get their own jump before mainline pilots. That is just standard. If you feel inadequate on a mainline jump, I'd like to hear why? Do the pilots not talk to you or just put you down? Sure, there are some jerks out there, but I doubt all of them treat you that way. Most probably go out of the way to make sure you get on the flight if there is room.

As far as an elitest attitude, I think most are happy that they are at a company that is stable for now and on an upswing. There was a positive merger with NWA, profit sharing is happening, there is a lot of hiring going on, upgrades are back due to those 717s and increasing flights at hubs like SEA. People are a lot happier, kinda like Regional pilots were after 9-11 when they saw huge growth due to mainline cutbacks and BKs. Some of the Regional guys on here were positively giddy watching all of the RJ orders. Well, looks like that chapter is slowly coming to a close due to factors that aren't the fault of mainline pilots. High oil prices, new hiring minimums at the Regionals, new fatigue rules, are not because of mainline pilots. Huge upcoming retirements actually benefit pilots at both the legacies and the regionals, ensuring upward movement at both. The problem the Regionals have is that there aren't enough pilots coming in as newhires at those airlines, and again that isn't the fault of the mainline pilots.

So, pick yourself up, finish your degree, find a better job that will get you to where you want to be, and don't think everyone dislikes you. Someone else's smile doesn't mean they are making fun of you. They may just be happy. Good luck to you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I spent almost 9 years jumpseating on Delta mainline as a connection pilot. Never was I treated as a second class citizen or disrespectfully. Quite the contrary actually. I think you're a little sensitive, mister.

Now I feel bad.... I would have really liked to have interviewed and worked at Endeavor Air but I am older, have 3 years of college and I am sure I do not fit the " Delta Mainline "

Yep...I bet you feel bad, I'm sure you were just about to send the resume over, but now your not qualified....What happened to all the other carriers you were interested in?

Endevour
Express Jet
Penair
Horizon
Seaborne
Horizon
Lakeshore
Piedmont
Compass
Eagle
Republic
Commutair
TACA Regional
Cayman
Go!
Bahamas Air
Cape Air
Gulfstream
Vieques Air
Island Air
Tropic Air
Freedom Air Guam
Pacific Wings
Air Flight Charters
Island Air Charters
Tropic Air Charters
Twin Air Calypso
Yellow Air Taxi

Endevour and Delta are really missing out cause your not qualified, and the mainline pilots are stuck up Boohoo.

Appreciated

I appreciate the replies regarding my last post. I believe you may have taken me wrong. Delta Mainline is a good company however during the times when I was traveling with them ( when the RJ's ) were just coming on line in the industry there was a lot of tension. I believe mainline crews at all major airlines at the time were concerned about their careers. I totally understand that now however there was definitely a " wall " and or communication issue between many mainline and new RJ operators at the time. Yes Delta Mainline and other air carrier crews always and without question allowed me to travel which was greatly appreciated. I still believe that Delta Mainline having the better than all other attitude is true. Yes they are a good company no doubt about it, but there are others that are just as good. They have always had a different approach to hiring. EX. Used to only hire military pilots, no corrective lenses etc. That is fine however I am just implying that they are eliminating good applicants right off the bat just for soft qualifications and off the wall tests. And I am not whining about the situation it was just my views and observation. At this time in my life I am searching for QOL and a good company to finish off a pilot career. I am not concerned if they operate turboprop or jet equipment but don't want to walk into a place that is totally dysfunctional. And I know, no place is perfect and do not expect it to be. This is why I was inquiring about Endeavor Air in the first place due to many of the past posts about the company. If I have I have upset anyone I apologize, that was not my intent at all. I was just wanting to find information to make a rational and informed choice of where to seek employment.

Sooo, you inquired about Endvr in an attempt to take advantage of a short cut to DAL. That about sum it up? Weak.

BTW never have had a problem JS on DAL, or any airline for that matter, major or regional. A lot of JS on DAL, 99% positive attitude from the crews.

Just try and remember not to judge people on where they work. You can be sure that at the regional level, most pilots applied to a few different regionals because of their pilot bases or they had friends at that airline. That in mind, they most likely accepted the first job they were offered. As for mainline pilots-I think the same can be said that most everyone is applying everywhere and will take the first job offered to them. Sure many have a list they keep in mind ranking where they want to go work using whatever criteria they want to use (pay, bases, opportunity for advancement etc). Many will accept a job at a National or smaller major and keep applying at the airlines at the top of their list-but they have to be young enough to accept starting over at the bottom of the SL. That being said, many of us regional captains who have been stuck for no fault of our own at the regional level for 10-20 years who are in their 40's/50's still want to leave their regional and will stay at who ever hires them first. Its amazing the sort of desperation Endeavor Air can create in a pilot group-many of us are hoping something great happens at Endeavor Air, but many think the writing is on the wall and will leave to go anywhere as long as its not a lateral move. Bad pay, down grades, displacements to NYC, and a management who thinks they are offering us great deals when in fact they are most always insulting. No, its not an honor to fly with a new hire that has a flow to Delta.

Oh I might add that its also insulting to be "given" an interview at a company not more than 2 years ago I had a flow and a guaranteed job and the success rates are 30%-55% for those interviewing.

Latest resources

Back