Emirates Looks At Transpacific Operation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Which airline? Mesa or Delta? I'm confused

Mesa. Sniper is one of those guys that think people will respect him if he adjusts his job/airplane to the discussion at hand....ie lying.

If you look at his history on here, 90% of his posts have been defending Mesa. Definitely a Mesa guy.

He can refute that all he wants but in the end, the facts add up.

Mesa. Sniper is one of those guys that think people will respect him if he adjusts his job/airplane to the discussion at hand....ie lying.

If you look at his history on here, 90% of his posts have been defending Mesa. Definitely a Mesa guy.

He can refute that all he wants but in the end, the facts add up.

I defend all ALPA Airlines and pilots and We all trying to prevent the cancer from spreading in the homeland

last statement from your ruler was what?

something like

"if we cant fly these planes in the US they can have them back"

Now hopefully you can see why we are against the 3

its our jobs...

I defend all ALPA Airlines and pilots and We all trying to prevent the cancer from spreading in the homeland

last statement from your ruler was what?

something like

"if we cant fly these planes in the US they can have them back"

Now hopefully you can see why we are against the 3

its our jobs...

I have no idea what the guy's last statement was, nor do I really care.

Instead of concentrating on a few foreign carriers who have US government approved flights to select major airports in the US, wouldn't it be more beneficial to concentrate on a campaign sealing the borders of the US to illegal immigration?

A campaign such as this would prevent illegal immigrants from coming over to live in the ghetto and sell/smoke crack in order to finance their flight training so they can eventually get a job at Mesa and make ridiculous posts on Flight Info.

Here is an interesting article discussing the Big 3 Gulf carriers expansion. The author seems to think the European carriers are most vulnerable. What he might be overlooking is the sheer size of the growth will inevitably have an effect even on US carriers. European traffic headed into S. America could also now go through Dubai instead of the US. Many possibilities here. The sheer driving force will be low cost structure. With HUGE orders the aircraft are cheaper, the labor costs are much cheaper as third world employees load bags, perform maintenance and ticketing/sales along with cheaper pilot-flight attendant costs. Fuel is much cheaper in the Middle East. Many big benefits for the Gulf carriers here and the biggest being extremely pro-active governments who aggressively help and aid their airlines vs. the noise abatement, no night flying, airspace restrictive Western governments. The big unknown here will be can all 3 of the Big Gulf carriers survive?
http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...e-eastern-carriers-crush-the-us-airlines.aspx

I have no idea what the guy's last statement was, nor do I really care.

Instead of concentrating on a few foreign carriers who have US government approved flights to select major airports in the US, wouldn't it be more beneficial to concentrate on a campaign sealing the borders of the US to illegal immigration?

A campaign such as this would prevent illegal immigrants from coming over to live in the ghetto and sell/smoke crack in order to finance their flight training so they can eventually get a job at Mesa and make ridiculous posts on Flight Info.

immigration is a problem indeed I agree
we need good people coming to the US not criminals

but we do not want to see what happen to our maritime workers to happen to us either do we?

now I will include Turkish wit h the other 3 as a threat

Last edited:
Here is an interesting article discussing the Big 3 Gulf carriers expansion. The author seems to think the European carriers are most vulnerable. What he might be overlooking is the sheer size of the growth will inevitably have an effect even on US carriers. European traffic headed into S. America could also now go through Dubai instead of the US. Many possibilities here. The sheer driving force will be low cost structure. With HUGE orders the aircraft are cheaper, the labor costs are much cheaper as third world employees load bags, perform maintenance and ticketing/sales along with cheaper pilot-flight attendant costs. Fuel is much cheaper in the Middle East. Many big benefits for the Gulf carriers here and the biggest being extremely pro-active governments who aggressively help and aid their airlines vs. the noise abatement, no night flying, airspace restrictive Western governments. The big unknown here will be can all 3 of the Big Gulf carriers survive?
http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...e-eastern-carriers-crush-the-us-airlines.aspx

The article does actually have good points, however the author is a young kid who only gets his premises correct half the time at best.

Why ALPA are so out for EK, EY, and QR versus BA, LH, and AF is actually the more important question. BA serve over 20 cities in the USA, LH serve 17. That versus EK's 7 ( soon to be 8 ).

This so called threat these guys are talking about has existed for years. It's the European carriers that carry U.S. traffic via Europe to points beyond. Or Asian carries that carry U.S. traffic via their hubs into Asia.

EK, EY, and QR are just newer competitors to the game and it would appear the fact that they are Middle Eastern and Muslim in nature ( read easy for most Americans to hate ) have given the heads of ALPA an easy target to get the ALPA membership to fixate on.

Those who buy into ALPA's rhetoric are the same people who bought into Hitler's, Mussolini's, etc. It's the old game of: "there is the enemy, everything that is bad about your life and career is their fault".

EK, EY, and QR are a threat. They are a competitive threat. Just like BA, LH, AF, CX, SQ, and a myriad of other airlines.

There are disparities in the playing field, but the protectionist arguments are not going to help. At best they could delay change. What ALPA members and the U.S. airlines need to do is written somewhat in ALPA's white paper. There are some good points in there about U.S. taxation of airlines, security charges, etc. However some of the stuff in there is pie in the sky thinking.

If I was an ALPA member I wouldn't fixate on the things that seem to be coming onto this board so much. I would be lobbying the government on those taxation policies, i.e. something that might be obtainable to help my carrier. I would be looking at ways to help my airline compete (and there are ways).

I'll give you one for free. Put an ad in the paper talking about safety on U.S. to Europe flights. EK crew their MXP-JFK with only 2 pilots for a flight blocked at 9:20. Make sure the travelling public know that U.S. carriers have 3 pilots for safety.

Typhoonpilot

Latest resources

Back