EMB190/Lineage 1000 input

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flown it since day one.
Maybe fine for a corporate department but as a 10 hour per day airliner not so much.
97% dispatch reliability.. Lots of issues with packs and bleeds, still. The fit and finish of the jet is very cheap. Lots of thin plastic pieces that break within days of delivery. Flightdeck noise level is defeaning and the fix... an Noise cancelling headset. Overhead lighting in the FD is very dim ... the fix a flashlight near your seat. The list goes on and on. The pilot seats are uncomfortable and good for about a 60 min leg. Ergonomic is definitely not apart of
Embraer's vocabulary. My guess the Lineage would be a 190 with lipstick. Buy a used Boeing it'll last longer and have better customer support.l

Last edited:
The engineers came to the meeting with a 1000 item list of intended systems and components to make the airplane successful and an estimated price to make it all work.

Embraer leadership sat down at the meeting and said thanks for all you hard work and creating an airplane that will be a hiuge success BUT we need you to do it for 40% less than your estimate and still make it the same.

The engineers said that it was impossible because they will need to take the long term quality, seamless integration, and abilities out of what would otherwise be a great airplane.

The leadership team said do it or you are all fired.

The engineers said but sir the plane will not be any good and all the componentry that makes the airplane work will be cheap and break continuously and end up causing our customers a couple years down the road to endlessly have to repair ricketey components on a daily basis.

The next week the plane rolled out and the day of its first flight vent flap handles broke off, speakers failed, coffee tossed down drains destroyed acm's that had intakes directly behind the drains, audio panels failed for no reason, trash bins fell apart, door rollers and supports broke, bent or fell off, tailpipe fires happened, wire bundles ate themselves due to lack of chafe protection. Parts that should have been interchangeable we not because they were cut and fitted by hand, one or two of the 300 seals on each wing fell off on nearly every flight, and the pylons began cracking from the first day the plane flew.

The bottom line is that it SHOULD and COULD be a good plane BUT ITS NOT

I remember when they came out with the legacy and tried to compare it to gulfstreams.. ya right its not even half the plane.

Maybe flying a couple hundred hours a year and getting rubbed with a diaper it will be fine. But in airline ops she just doesnt hold up

Flown it since day one.
Maybe fine for a corporate department but as a 10 hour per day airliner not so much.
97% dispatch reliability.. Lots of issues with packs and bleeds, still. The fit and finish of the jet is very cheap. Lots of thin plastic pieces that break within days of delivery. Flightdeck noise level is defeaning and the fix... an Noise cancelling headset. Overhead lighting in the FD is very dim ... the fix a flashlight near your seat. The list goes on and on. The pilot seats are uncomfortable and good for about a 60 min leg. Ergonomic is definitely not apart of
Embraer's vocabulary. My guess the Lineage would be a 190 with lipstick. Buy a used Boeing it'll last longer and have better customer support.l

Nice assessment, can you compare it to the CRJ? Noise, seats, etc.?

My company just signed up for a bunch of the 175's?

Thanks

It's about the same for pilot comfort. The second tier aircraft builders have zero ergonomics....Embraer, Bombardier, Fokker

Last edited:
The new Bombardier CS100/300 will smoke the Embraer 175/190 line! Hope mainline pilots eventually fly it...

Regarding the E190/Lineage, I saw a used version from the ME advertised for sale. If you already have used versions floating around it can't be too great. I agree with a previous post - buy a proven, used BBJ or Global Express.

It's about the same for pilot comfort. The second tier aircraft builders have zero ergonomics....Embraer, Bombardier, Fokker

Like the CRJ's CRS selector knob. Can't quite get why they installed it right under the glareshield so you can't turn it. Or the fact when your seat is positioned correctly you can't see the N1 gauges. Third-world engineering right there.

Latest resources

Back