email notifications

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
is anyone else not receiving email notifications for replies to their threads? these are the only emails that i get all day and i miss feeling important....

sigh......

:(

Flechas

Total Time
$$$$$$
I'm getting tons of email notifications, so many I don'tknow what to do with them!! ;)

Flechas

Total Time
$$$$$$
Sorry man, I like getting emails now. BTW, someone repplied to your loud neightbor thread :D

Neal

Administrator
Staff member
We upgraded the mail server and notice a trend of everytime this occurs it shuts down forum e-mail. It has been restored, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Total Time
>8,000
Did the e-mail notifications cease with the recent upgrade? I haven't gotten any in several days...

:(

Fly_Chick

Total Time
~1300
No, they have not ceased. I have gotten plenty, sometimes seems like more than "last time visited" notices. I still cannot figure out the new way to display new posts.

Neal

Administrator
Staff member
Fly_Chick said:
No, they have not ceased. I have gotten plenty, sometimes seems like more than "last time visited" notices. I still cannot figure out the new way to display new posts.
Make sure when you're caught up with your reading you click Quick Links...Mark Forums Read.

We're investigating the e-mail notifications...are people receiving e-mails of replies to a thread or not?

Neal

Administrator
Staff member
Part of the problem too may be that using the Quick Reply does not subscribe you to a thread...we're still learning the new vBulletin 3.5 system as well...lot's new here!

English

Total Time
The email notifications for private messages doesn't seem to be working.

Neal

Administrator
Staff member
We found an issue this morning and it should be resolved now.

jarhead

master of my domain
Total Time
low
administrator said:
Part of the problem too may be that using the Quick Reply does not subscribe you to a thread...we're still learning the new vBulletin 3.5 system as well...lot's new here!
My email notifications are going directly into my junk mail folder. There is no audio alert for anything coming into my junk mail folder, and when I click on the "add to apporoved senders" button for flightinfo, it does nothing. The emails want to find their way into my junk mail folder even when I specify they not do that. Weird.

Bob Loblaw

Unimpressed User
Total Time
jarhead said:
The emails want to find their way into my junk mail folder even when I specify they not do that. Weird.

This probably just proves that your email program has better sense for wanting to delete them than you have for wanting to read them. :D

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Total Time
>8,000
Perhaps it's the e-mail address that the notifications are coming from.

The last e-mail I got from instruct@flightinfo.com came Wednesday morning at about 7:42AM Central time. The next notification came about 40 minutes later from thisiscrap@flightinfo.com !

What's the deal? Who came up with THAT e-mail address? Can it be changed?

It's no wonder spam filters are culling it out.