Electronic Gadget Search

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

darling pretty

Kinda stupid subjuct but I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know if there is a product that is portable and can be connected to an aircraft intercom system/ aviation headsets that would allow a cd player to be connected, so you can listen to music enroute. It must however cutout during ATC/misc transmissions.

Does this type of product exist? If so what is it?

Thanks gang.......

DP

A cheap way is to get the little foam type ear speakers runners use, they fit in your ear, than the foam expands and they don't fall out, put on your headset and turn the cd volume low enough so you can still hear atc, you get extra noise protection from the foam and can listen to music.
Helped keep me awake on some long night flights, something I learned while towing banners.

Last edited:
Some aircraft have a hookup where you can plug in a CD player.

Try Http://www.AvionicsWest.com They sell a device called the Muse. it allows you to do exactly what you are looking for. i dont personally have one...yet.....but am considering the purchase. Cost is ~$110. Hope this helps..

Brad

I almost forgot.....it is under the PS Engineering section on the left side of the page.....

I used The Muse back when I had to sit in a super cub with extra tanks for 8 hours straight.... It worked well, but with aviation headphones you won't get the quality you would from your Bose Wave Radio. Also I found the self muting option very annoying. It would cut out when the squelch on the aircraft radio was broken. Then slowly step back up in volume. After figuring out how to turn that feature off, it helped keep me awake for many long days....

Latest resources

Back