• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EK To Double USA Destinations In 3-5 Years - Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
couple thoughts about ALPA and Emirates.

Emirates put food on the tables for 100's of American pilots that were furloughed from ALPA legacy carriers. Emirates took care of their "ALPA comrades" when no one else would.

Emirates was a good deal for a lot of Americans, they paid off their mortgages and got to see the world. Both good and bad parts. One hell of an education and great stories to tell the grandchildren.

The first Legacy to strike a deal with Emirates will win. JetBlue, Alaska, and Virgin America have the vision and see what a great deal it is, but don't have the fleet size or number of destinations Delta does. Let Emirates do what they are good at, widebody Int'l, let Delta do what they are good at, domestic.....

If Emirates could triple their JFK presence, Delta would have more passengers connecting than they would know what to do with. wouldn't that be good for Delta pilots? Or is this an Ego thing? Maybe that dream of being a widebody capt at Delta is over?

Holy crow you are cocky! Emirates is good at flying to Beirut and Tehran. The big 3 in the US are good at taking US pax to and from the US. Your big 3 Gulf carriers are putting 3 huge airport hubs next to each other, a recipe for disaster. How will anyone be able to differentiate between the new Doha airport, the Dubai and Abu Dhabi airports, and now Bahrain will expand theirs too. That's four big airports within an hour of each other, all aiming to grab connecting pax. Eventually, prices will dump to try to fill planes, and things will get worse.

The great thing about current US airlines is Consolidation, which is making the big 3 stronger, and able to fight the Gulf Carriers. There is NO need to partner up with a Gulf Carrier, other than a code share or participant in an Alliance. Alliance members can move scheduled flights around to create great connections, and there is no need to fly to the Gulf first from America, since a European connection is probably more convenient anyway. The Gulf carriers can help bridge pax in Europe or Australia/SE Asia, but not the US. Nah, doubt it....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Your big 3 Gulf carriers are putting 3 huge airport hubs next to each other, a recipe for disaster. How will anyone be able to differentiate between the new Doha airport, the Dubai and Abu Dhabi airports, and now Bahrain will expand theirs too.
Bye Bye---General Lee

OH MY GOSH. You are so right. 3 HUGE airports close to each other?

How do BOS, JFK, LGA, EWR do it. It must be a disaster waiting to happen also.

You are really correct about differentiating between the new airports. It's hard enough to differentiate between airports let alone runways and taxiways.

Last edited:
that widebody capt thing really strikes a nerve doesn't it? haha

not at all

210 dollars per hour plus 14 percent B fund plus frozen pension plus profit sharing plus a lot of shares of stock since the merger is great.

and the icing on the cake I live in the US

I see you from SJS now you are LJS victim

BTW have you send your app? dont bother because the recruiters know better

ps
FT3

Last edited:
not at all

210 dollars per hour plus 14 percent B fund plus frozen pension plus profit sharing plus a lot of shares of stock since the merger is great.

and the icing on the cake I live in the US

I see you from SJS now you are LJS victim

BTW have you send your app? dont bother because the recruiters know better

ps
FT3

General Lee, I think you forgot to log out of your Sniper account........hahahahahahahahha

After all, you did just answer a question directed towards him.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back