• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EK To Double USA Destinations In 3-5 Years - Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now let me do General's work for him so he doesn't have to reply with 100% predictable responses.

1. Delta skymiles program will stop anyone from flying emirates
2. Enjoy Dhaka
3. politicians will never ever let that happen
4. Delta's business class is awesome
5. It is unfair that Emirates get's cheap loans to buy 100's of 777's.

Gotta agree with number 5. Our own country is doing it to us and it's not just Emirates. We've taken affirmative action to a whole new level.

Gotta agree with number 5. Our own country is doing it to us and it's not just Emirates. We've taken affirmative action to a whole new level.

Affirmative action....????? That is just about the single most stupid comment that I have read here in FI....! Congratulations.

General Lee will claim the import/export bank is only for poor countries....

False, the import export bank was formed to provide cheap loans to make American products more competitive. Hence, 1000's of Boeing Airplanes being shipped overseas.

Delta finances lots of CRJ's and ERJ's from similar banks in Canada and Brazil....so what

Our country is selling Billions of dollars of airplanes to Emirates...that is soooo unpatriotic!!!!

Affirmative Action: an action or policy favoring those who tend to suffer from discrimination, esp. in relation to employment or education; positive discrimination.

So now Emirates is a black guy trying to get into college?

Flew with Delta once. Well, twice actually. CPH to JFK then onwards to CVG. Worst trans-atlantic crossing I've ever had the misfortune of enduring; rattly old aircraft, crap seats and IFE in business class, cabin crew so sour they'd make a lemon look all smiley.

On the other hand I've flown EK 20+ times, 4 or 5 of which on the A380 in either F or J. Nothing beats spending a few hours in the bar down the back of the upper-deck, having ones dinner served on the counter and having a chat with other pax and the extremely service minded, but not servile, crew members.

The contrast is staggering, a bit like driving a brand new S-class Merc vs a 1980s Buick of indeterminate origins. One therefore fully understands why Gen. L. is getting all worried, albeit his way of conveying that feeling is a highly amusing xenophobic rant.

like ^

The Emirate's threat is real. You are right, deep down inside, G Lee knows this JFK-Milan flight will hurt Delta. Its a no brainer, Emirates or Delta, for the same price. Delta knows it too. Flying Delta is torture..

There is real fear what will happen next. I would like to see the Legacies succeed in the widebody international market, but that battle is lost.

I am no way on Emirate's team.. I started out just stating facts and correcting G Lee's simplistic view of the world. Now its almost fun to get him all huffy puffy.

Rumor has it, Emirate's private 319 was in Dallas couple weeks ago..shortly after the merger hit a snag with US Air. 3 years ago Emirates was in talks with AA for some joint venture, but that fell through after the merger with US Air.

You heard it here first. Maybe a 49% purchase? Maybe a bailout like Qantas. Maybe after bankruptcy, you will see American Airlines flights ### operated by Emirates.

That may be better than any merger. Emirates does AA's wide body network feeding into DFW, and AA takes them the rest of the domestic way. Delta/United et al, have a hard time competing with the AA product "operated by Emirates"

^too much speculating for now, my car and driver are waiting for me outside..time to fly

Buddy of mine flew on the EK A380 and loved it. Super impressive service and very comfortable.

The article did not mention the A350 - is that still being added to the fleet?

He must have been in business class...... I walked around and had a good look...didn't look too comfortable to me...

like ^

The Emirate's threat is real. You are right, deep down inside, G Lee knows this JFK-Milan flight will hurt Delta. Its a no brainer, Emirates or Delta, for the same price. Delta knows it too. Flying Delta is torture..

There is real fear what will happen next. I would like to see the Legacies succeed in the widebody international market, but that battle is lost.

I am no way on Emirate's team.. I started out just stating facts and correcting G Lee's simplistic view of the world. Now its almost fun to get him all huffy puffy.

Rumor has it, Emirate's private 319 was in Dallas couple weeks ago..shortly after the merger hit a snag with US Air. 3 years ago Emirates was in talks with AA for some joint venture, but that fell through after the merger with US Air.

You heard it here first. Maybe a 49% purchase? Maybe a bailout like Qantas. Maybe after bankruptcy, you will see American Airlines flights ### operated by Emirates.

That may be better than any merger. Emirates does AA's wide body network feeding into DFW, and AA takes them the rest of the domestic way. Delta/United et al, have a hard time competing with the AA product "operated by Emirates"

^too much speculating for now, my car and driver are waiting for me outside..time to fly

I don't get people. So it's okay for United to do Dubai to Doha but it's not okay for Emirates to do JFK to Milan. It seems pilots scream cabotage only so as long as we are not on the receiving end.

And don't even get started on what DAL do from NRT into Asia

Goose & gander?

fv

Had a guy recently tell me that JAL & ANA were engaging in unfair competition by putting larger/newer airplanes on the flights from Narita and Haneda into SE Asia...????!!!!! "Taking business passengers away from us" the guy said.

LOL....! You just got to laugh

Latest resources

Back