EK Schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SplitBar

Can someone from EK chime in and let me know how far ahead of time you guys get your monthly schedules. Is there any agreement between the company and the pilots that prevents them to giving you your monthly schedules just a few days before the new month begins.

Thanks

Splitbar

Usually on the 23rd/ 24th of the month.

There is a back door way you can check your days off around 16/17th (subject to change)

fv

Is it true the 777 pilots "work like dogs" while the A380 pilots have it somewhat easier due to the ultra longhaul flying they do (requiring fewer trips)? Everyone knows the A330s work hard, but are the 777s basically becoming the true workhorse fleet? I understand you have to take Pprune with a big grain of salt...

We work hard - 92 hours almost every month. You can have training and sim as well.

A380 crews catching up as deliveries continue.

fv

BTW.....how does it work over there for new hires? I heard someone saying (don't know how accurate this info is) that new hires stay as cruise pilot for a long time? so take off and landings mostly done on the sim? .....how often new hires are on the sim for recurrent? how long before you can hold a good schedule and also fly?........

BTW.....how does it work over there for new hires? I heard someone saying (don't know how accurate this info is) that new hires stay as cruise pilot for a long time? so take off and landings mostly done on the sim? .....how often new hires are on the sim for recurrent? how long before you can hold a good schedule and also fly?........

While I don't work for Emirates, I am pretty positive that the new hires are not started as cruise pilots, but rather as normal Fo. The longer flights obviously have augmented crews, but duties are usually split up evenly.

No cruise pilots at EK, even the two stripe local cadets alternate landings like normal.

If it's a four crew ULR op - outbound augmenting (cruise) crew become operating crew on return leg.

fv

Latest resources

Back