EJA Medical

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TR328

Just wondered if anyone out there has gone through the physical/medical at EJA. Got the paperwork today, and they say they give you a first class medical, but it is considerably more detailed than a normal first class physical. Just wondered what's involved.

Thanks in advance:D

TR328,

I went through the medical about a month and 1/2 ago. It is definitely more in depth than a normal first classmedical. You get the usual height/weight taken, bloodpressure, then you drink a bottle of orange stuff (for the blood sugar test).

Eye test, another eye test where they shoot a blast of air in your eye(glaucoma test?), pee in a cup, take a vile or two of blood, chest x-ray, ekg, then the doc comes in for the typical poke your stomach stuff, check your heartbeat, ask a few questions, then the dreaded "JELLY FINGER".

Then your done. The whole process takes about four or so hours. half of the class will go on one morning before class. So there will be 10 or so of you there. The other reason it takes so long is because after you drink the orange stuff, you have to wait 2 hours before they check your blood sugar.

Hope this helps, all in all not that bad.

1900cpt/EJA ultra f/o now!

1900cpt,

I was afraid you were going to say the dreaded jelly finger. Thanks alot for the info.

TR328

TR328,

when do you go to groundschool/indoc for eja?!? What a/c are you in?

1900cpt

1900cpt,

I go to indoc on Feb. 4th. Sim is on March 8th in the Excel. Sure looking forward to it. How do you like it so far?

TR328

The training was very good, and everyone i have talked to have been very nice. So far, it has been good. I have actually been off for five weeks waiting for my ioe.

Nice little vacation. Im not sure if this is typical or not....i think it depends on where you are based and the availability of the ioe captains.

1900cpt

Latest resources

Back