EJA letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
lrja55

well I will have to agree with one thing you said, I am definately way, way out of your leauge. Thankfully as are all of the aviators that I have served with. It is sad that there are people like you out there. What do they say, ignorance is bliss. You must be one happy SOB.

I think helo to herc hit the nail on the head, you obviously have some sort of inferiority complex about military pilots. It is obvious by the way you put down that which you know nothing about. I just could not pass up the oppourtunity to squash you like the bug you are. It is funny how nothing in your reply addressed the issues that I raised with you. Why? because I nailed everyone of them on the head, yet you still feel the need to run your ignorant soup cooler.

as far as " jumping to this side" I have already successfully done that, jounior. I can say with a great deal of confidence, that someone with an attitude like yours will never be hired by a major airline , so thankfully I will never have to share a cockpit with someone like you.

AMF looser boy.

Children Children!!! Calm Down

From the tone of ALL of YOU I'm amazed that you guys can fit in a cockpit let alone fly the plane with those EGOS. This place is about helping our Brothers and Sisters by passing on usefull information. We have all sacrificed alot in our lives to fly and to those that flew in the military thank you for your protection, but please stop throwing it back in our face, remember that YOU VOLUNTEERED!!

Theres too many pilots on the street for us to be B@#$hin about who's better. Let it go!

CeYa

Good point

I think bored to death hit the nail right on the head. I am sure I speak for many people when I agree with his comment "but please stop throwing it back in our face, remember that YOU VOLUNTEERED!!"
That very comment sumarizes my opinion. Most military pilots, and I appologize for the general statement, carry an ego about yourselves. Everyone knows it except for you. I don't care if I ever work for a major. It isn't my goal. Intentionaly placing myself in an evnvironment filled with brash, condescending egos does not remotely appeal to me. Now I know that there are many, many great pilots at all the major airlines. Many are best friends but the small percentage of the pilot group representing people like yoursef have always made it a last and rather unapealing option.
We all did work extremely hard to become pilots whether it was through collegiate programs, pumping gas at the local airport or joining the military. Every civilian pilot is sick and tired of having to deal with the cognitive arrogance many military pilots have. Your portotypical military pilot feels that, first, the industry owes them something and second, that they are somehow better that the remainder of the pilots out there. Corporate pilots have their faults and commuters pilots the like. The largest and fairest comparison or difference betwen the military pilots and the corporate/commuter pilots is we aren't trying to nit pick one another and grossly inferiorize the others training. You sir and your cohorts as a whole generally tend to do just that. Civilian pilots do not feel the need to compete with you. We do our jobs and we do them exceptionally well. You serve a purpose in your realm of aviation as we do in ours. We chose our path in aviation as did you and remember this part because it is blatently obvious to everyone but you, ( I will no quote from the famous "BoredtoDeath") you VOLUNTEERED.
Please do not bother responding. I no longer have the time or the patience and I am sure I speak for everyone when I concede this to be a moot point!!!

Boy this fight will never end. I've had the good fortune to see both sides of this debate. I'm a military pilot but from the Army so a lot of people don't count that, I spent almost two years as an EJA captain before coming to Delta. There are good pilots and bad pilots in any category. The one thing I will say is that Lr55's batent hate, yes I said hate, of military pilots prompted me to register for this site. A fellow pilot started this thread with a simple question and you nuked him for it. Now that's a mark of a professional.

DAL737FO
have been looked down upon by some civilians and some military

I'm a military pilot but from the Army so a lot of people don't count that

Isn't that the truth. I'm also ex-Army and have been told by a major airline that Army flight school isn't "real military flight training" :eek: Whatever. But you're right this argument will never end.

I think we, as Army pilots, have a little better perspective on this subject.

An Observation

Howdy Folks:

This debate (civilian v. military) always seems to rear its ugly head in times of intense competition for jobs in aviation. I've heard it many times before. I also know that the arguments of both sides have merit.

I did not fly in the military, although I would have if I could have. As a result, I had to pay the $30,000 for the flight ratings I acquired, not to mention all of my tuition for college and graduate school. I'm not complaining, but keep this in mind.

No, I have never landed a fast airplane on a carrier (except in the sim!). But I have flown jet aircraft all over the world, and this includes China, Japan, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Iceland, Canada, Mexico, Dominican Republic, etc. so many countries I can't name them all, where my crew was on its own at airports far, far away trying to get weather, clearances, service, etc.

Can't say I have ever been on active duty. But I can remember, as an airline Captain, flying with a number of recently separated military pilots who simply could not handle themselves in heavy instrument conditions. I remember one gentleman particularly. He spent an entire three day trip trying to convince me that because of his superior training in the military, the requirements for upgrade at our company (which he did not meet) should be waived. At the end of this grueling trip, in instrument weather and a non-radar environment, we had a navigation radio failure. His comment to me when this happened (I was flying) was "I don't know where we are- I can't help you," effectively making me single pilot. I feel compelled to add that this pilot busted his upgrade when it came around.

I regret that happened. This guy wasn't very professional. I'm guessing most military pilots are. Keep in mind, however, that as long as people like my former first officer exist, this debate will continue. Military pilots, some of your peers do not reflect well on the rest ofyou!

Having said that, I am a civilian trained helicopter pilot. All of my instructors were Army and/or Guard guys. Superb aviators, and wonderful teachers. Great to have a beer with, too! Proving once again there are good pilots and people, and bad pilots and people, and its a crapshoot as to where they received their training and experience.

Good luck to everyone- hopefully we'll all be employed in jobs of our choice soon.

All I got to say is this:

We should all meet up at some bar, drink, fight, and be merry!
I don't care if you're mil or civ or whatever - you've gotta drink!

How about Ocean Deck in Daytona Beach?

beytzim

hey

Hey Eli,
How is it going, give me a buz when you can, I might be going somewhere else, I got an offer for a better job, but give me a call.

Pete

Hey TR is that you?

How's it been going?

why not

I just feel like I have to make a few quick points. Although I know I am pissin in the wind with some of you civilian guys. why don't you try re reading my response to lrjet55 and you will see:

1. None of this was aboout miliatray guys being better than civilians. Although I find it humorous that you took it there. But I will leave those feelings of defensiveness and inferiority to you and your shrink. If you can get past those feelings and remember what was written, which was: Me correcting some crack pot commenting on what life was like in the military, which he knew nothing about.

2. Nothing is or was being thrown in your face. Again I was correcting someone who likes to run his suck about things in which he has no experience " flying is flying" I was not saying I am bettert han you because of the flying I have done in the military but it is very very different types of flying. Having done both I believe I am in a much better position than lrjet55 to comment about those differences.

I am very proud of my service in the military, if that bothers you or you feel threatened by it too bad thats your problem not mine. I don't think I am better than you. But when you talk of things of which you know little and put us down, stand the
F%$# by jounior. I agree with DAL737FO there are good pilots and bad pilots whatever your backround.

well I am unloading for knots and out of this one,

AMF wankers

Latest resources

Back