Eja: I Got The Job!!! Yes!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tjsatter

Just got the call. The interview was this past thursday 2/7 in LGB and I've been in limbo ever since. I thought it went well, I didn't know how I could have done any better but my opinion is not the one that counts. The gouge on aviationinterviews.com was dead on accurate there were no surprises, I was well prepared by that source, lurking here, plus talking to various EJA folks I've seen on the road. I'll add my own $.02 worth to aviationinterviews soon enough.

I hand carried my own app to CMH, drove over there on my own time, walked in and asked for a job. It paid off! First letter was sent 9/03 (a week prior), my drive over was end of November, interview scheduled with 2 months notice for 2/7.

I go to CMH for basic Indoc 5/6. Start type training in the Ultra 5/31. I took the very first date I could. I had the choice of Ultra, Excel, 7, and Hawker. This is the culmination of years of effort and major expense. I am very happy to be past the very last job interview I hope to take!!

tj

Welcome aboard!!! You will enjoy the job.

gump

Congrats TJ!

I can sortof say welcome - even though I am not in until mid April. But it feels good to be with one of the best fractionals in the business! If you havent flown the Ultra before - you will love it! Great performance for a straight wing aircraft. Primus 1000 avionics and very reliable Pratt & Whitney power. Cyah someday on the line. HF

Congrats TJSATTER

I am also startign shorlty with EJA. I start in the 800XP on the 28th of this month. I also feel as you do. A long time coming. I am just thrilled I do no have to deal with any more lousy corporate, cost cutting owners and mismaneged flight departments. I'll probably see you around some day. Good luck and congrats'.

More Congrats!

Congrats on the call, that is great! I got the call back in November and I start this coming Monday. So I too can (almost) say welcome aboard. See you on the line!!

Congratulations!

Congratulations. It appears as though your hard work has paid off. Wish me luck as I start down the hard road to EJA. See you on the line soon.

Thanks!

Thanks everybody!!

I feel great! A huge load off my back. I am so happy, words cannot describe it. It's my dream job and what I want to do with the rest of my (working) life.

She (Heather-EJA) told me it was a real good interview group. There were 20 people there and I felt real good to be in such distinguished company. These are the sort of people I most enjoy being around (airplane folks!)

Good Luck to anybody else going for it, it seems to be worth the effort! I can't wait to get online. The only downside is I've got to spend 2 more months flying night freight in the falcon (nice plane, lousy working conditions) but at least I've got a job!

tj

Congratulations

Happy for you. :D:

A couple of questions for you newly hired pilots.

1. Did you have letters of recommendations from the inside (EJA)?
2. Did you periodically follow up with phone calls or just waited patiently after dropping off / sending your applications?
3. Did they offer you several choices of aircraft, and why did you pick the one you did?

Thanks for the info. This board is very valuable getting info and keeping the hope alive. Good luck to you all.;)

Congrats

In response to your questions I did not sit back and wait to be called. I was proactive. Start to finish it took me 3 months to get the interview. I followed up and made sure they new I would take any date available. I got the call on a Monday and was up there on a Thursday. I am definately not saying that is the way to go. I could have infringed on annoying. But I also know guys that have received their letters in September and October letting them know they will be interviewed at the next available date. They are still waiting. I got my letter in January and interviewed in January. Again I am not sure if calling them is the best course of action. I got lucky.
As for the recommendation I had one that I sent in with my application. My buddy had only been there for six months so I do not know if it helped or not. As for a/c choice they gave me the choice of four different airplanes. I choose it based on the class date I wanted to attend.
!!!!!!! PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!!!!! I decided on a class date 1 month after I received my call because I wanted to give my company as much time as I could. I had worked there for some time and I thought it would be nice to help them out with extra time to find a replacement. I sent in my notice detailing my date of departure and two days latter those A-- holes let me go. I had a spotless record at that company. I am now out of work/money for a month. DO NOT be nice and thoughtful is the lesson to be learnt here boys and girls.
Good Luck to all.

Latest resources

Back